Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prajend
Explorer

Download Topology Failed - Mac OS Big Sur 11.2.3 - Checkpoint client 84.30

I have this issue irrespective of Endpoint Security Checkpoint client version on my MAC. It always failing while it is trying to "Download Topology" 

Some of my other colleagues are able to use without any issues. I suspect something to do with my Mac only but not sure what is preventing. I have tried to uninstall and install Endpoint Security client multiple times but did not help.

[30 Mar 10:01:21] Starting new connection (0x1)
[30 Mar 10:02:01] Topology download in progress
[30 Mar 10:02:03] No reply from the gw ip=x.x.x.x for tunnel test packet. Office Mode IP=x.x.x.x, source port=18001.
[30 Mar 10:02:05] No reply from the gw ip=x.x.x.x for tunnel test packet. Office Mode IP=x.x.x.x, source port=18002.
[30 Mar 10:02:07] No reply from the gw ip=x.x.x.x for tunnel test packet. Office Mode IP=x.x.x.x, source port=18003.
[30 Mar 10:02:09] No reply from the gw ip=x.x.x.x for tunnel test packet. Office Mode IP=x.x.x.x, source port=18004.
[30 Mar 10:02:11] No reply from the gw ip=x.x.x.x for tunnel test packet. Office Mode IP=x.x.x.x, source port=18005.
[30 Mar 10:02:13] No reply from the gw ip=x.x.x.x for tunnel test packet. Office Mode IP=x.x.x.x, source port=18006.
[30 Mar 10:02:15] No reply from the gw ip=x.x.x.x for tunnel test packet. Office Mode IP=x.x.x.x, source port=18007.
[30 Mar 10:02:17] No reply from the gw ip=x.x.x.x for tunnel test packet. Office Mode IP=x.x.x.x, source port=18008.
[30 Mar 10:02:19] No reply from the gw ip=x.x.x.x for tunnel test packet. Office Mode IP=x.x.x.x, source port=18009.
[30 Mar 10:02:21] IKE tunnel disconnected, error code=-1000. Reason: Site is not responding.
[30 Mar 10:02:21] Client state is connecting
[30 Mar 10:02:21] Tunnel (0x1) was disconnected, cancelling connection
[30 Mar 10:02:21] Always connect scheduled to start in 60 seconds

Reinstalling my MAC would be one of the last option. But before that, i would like to raise it here if someone has faced it before and solution would help.

Thanks

0 Kudos
18 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Check in Security Settings, do you have firewall enabled or not. Also, any other VPN solutions active? 

prajend
Explorer

@_Val_ In the security settings, Firewall is ON. our corporate MAC are configured with Secure Pulse VPN as well. But i have tried to connect using Checkpoint VPN with/without Pulse secure connection.

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Try turning FW off and see if it makes any difference. Pulse VPN should also be off when connecting to your Check Point VPN site. Also, your colleagues do not have issue to connect to the same VPN site with the same client version, right?

0 Kudos
prajend
Explorer

Tried turning off FW, disconnected pulse secure VPN but still same issue.

My colleagues do not have this issue with same client version.

0 Kudos
Geomix7
Collaborator

We faced the same issue on macOS 11.3 .

0 Kudos
Steffen_Appel
Advisor

We have similar issues on Windows10 clients as well, regardless of the endpoint version being E83.10  or E84.60. Reinstalling the gateway policy fixed it temporarly.

0 Kudos
Geomix7
Collaborator

We faced an issue as well on  a windows 10 client and as a workaround , when the issue occur we create a new site and connects successful.

In MAC os still not find a solution.

_Val_
Admin
Admin

I suggest all having this issue to address it with a TAC case

0 Kudos
Geomix7
Collaborator

I already opened a case. I will update accordingly.

0 Kudos
Geomix7
Collaborator

Hello Val,

In our scenario, by change the UPnP setting to off on client router we have a successfully connected with endpoint VPN version E84.30.

0 Kudos
Geomix7
Collaborator

It works for a couple of hours and then when tries to connect again was disconnected.

0 Kudos
Steffen_Appel
Advisor

Any update from the TAC?

Geomix7
Collaborator

Hello Stephen ,

We are in the process to arrange a remote session and from 13th of May the user connecting successfully daily with macOS 11.3 and Mac OS X 10.13.6 .

From firewall site we didn't change anything

Thank you

0 Kudos
Steffen_Appel
Advisor

Thank you for the info. We still have the problem appearing randomly.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Odd issue you have...I tested on catalina and big sur, no problem, even with firewall being on.

0 Kudos
Steffen_Appel
Advisor

Yesterday we had the problem again with one user.

0 Kudos
Steffen_Appel
Advisor

From the log:

[ 6024 7424][5 Jul  7:28:12][TR_CL_SETTING_MGR] TrClSettingDownloader::Notify: Failed to update policies

[ 6024 7424][5 Jul  7:28:12][TR_CL_SETTING_MGR] TrClSettingDownloader::Notify: download client setting failed

[ 6024 7424][5 Jul  7:28:12][TR_FLOW_STEP] TR_FLOW_STEP::TrDownloadClSettingStep::DownloadClSettingFinished: Download failed. Cannot download topology

[ 6024 7424][5 Jul  7:28:12][String] String::String::Translate: String with id 26 has been translated to string: Failed to download topology

[ 6024 7424][5 Jul  7:28:12][TalkCCC] talkccc::RemoveRequest: Returned callback for the request 5

0 Kudos
morpheum
Explorer

Just been battling this problem with 2 Macs - 2017 vs 2019, both running the same Big Sur OS version, with one connecting without issue and the other failing to enable the firewall giving a 'failed to download topology' error.  After looking in the local firewall options on the Mac, i noticed that the problematic Mac was allowing SSH connections, and a message said that i could disable this from the Sharing option. From Sharing I unchecked the 'Remote login' option.  Upon retesting, the Endpoint Security client now connects like the other one without issue.
I hope this helps someone - hopefully is the root cause of all of this. I don't know how or why the remote SSH login was enabled in the first place.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events