Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marquinmpfs
Explorer

Connection Failed: Failed to download topology (MAC)

I am experiencing this issue for about 4 days in a row, it works after several removals and uninstalls of the app.

Once the access time expires, it is no longer possible to log in again.

Daily losing about 30 minutes to 1 hour to connect.

I've used some versions and all with problem.

Current version: E82.50
Previous version installed: E84.30

all of these have the problem of: Connection Failed: Failed to download topology

Disabled firewall, before this problem did not occur.

BigSur MacOs 11.4
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro15.1
Processor Name: Intel Core i7 6-Core

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Pretty sure E82.50 isn't supported on Big Sur.
E84.30 should work as should E84.70, which was recently made GA: https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut... 

Note that topology download does a connection on port 443 to whatever host your IT staff provided you.
You should be able to confirm connectivity with something like "nc -vvv host.example.com 443"
You can just hit ctrl-c if you get connected or to terminate the connection.

Regardless, you will probably need to work with your IT staff to understand what's going on or possibly engage our TAC for assistance.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Here is where I would start, just my personal opinion.

-does the issue happen with any windows computer?

-if yes, do they use specific vpn client version? if not, then you can definitely be sure its something with mac

-do you see any logs on the firewall when this happens? If yes, what does it show?

-as a test, can you try change visitor mode on the gateway settings to something other than 443 and see what happens?

I mean, yes, you can open TAC case, but Im positive they will ask you for same, if not similar info, so you might as well get it beforehand 🙂

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events