Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Don_Paterson
Advisor

Comparing features/configuration options: Harmony Endpoint web management portal and SmartEndpoint

Is there an SK or document comparing current Harmony Endpoint portal and SmartEndpoint options?

For example Threat Hunting is a portal only option and that is the cloud portal specifically (and not the on-premise EMS R81 portal).

It would be interesting to see the limitations or missing features from the portal to know exactly what the SmartEndpoint must be used for from R81.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The “simple” explanation was the web management was initially focused around SandBlast Agent functionality.
That said, we are actively working to close the gap between the web portal and SmartEndpoint.
For example in R81.10, Harmony Endpoint Web Management enhancements allow these configurations:

• Media Encryption & Port Protection policy
  • Firewall policy
  • Application Control policy
  • Developer protection policy
  • Push Operation for Host Isolation and Client Uninstall

There are probably other things that still require SmartEndpoint.

Don_Paterson
Advisor

Thank you 🙂
We replied to my post here almost at the same time.

I had just found your reply in the other post and you also pointed out the R81.10 EA post (https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Product-Announcements/R81-10-EA-Program-Production/ba-p/110053)

Cheers,

Don

0 Kudos
Don_Paterson
Advisor

After working in the Harmony Portal and becoming familiar it does seem easier to work with compared to the SmartEndpoint, although there are some details missing, for example the More details/Computer Details. Or maybe I am missing something.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

@Kobie_Bendalak do you know if there is a More Details/Computer Details view in the Web Management or if/when that's coming?

0 Kudos
Don_Paterson
Advisor

I have found this post since asking my question and the answers appear to be in there (especially the PhoneBoy reply (‎05-03-2021 07:51 PM):

https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Endpoint/Harmony-Endpoint-Managed-by-webportal-vs-smartendpoint/...

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events