Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lucaslegname
Explorer

Check Point support for Mac with M1 (Apple Silicon)

Dear Support Team,

Do you have information about Check Point compatibility with the new Macbooks with M1 chip (ARM architecture) ? Will the next Check point release (bringing macOS Big Sur support) run on the ARM Macs (maybe with Rosetta 2) ?

Have a nice day,
Lucas

0 Kudos
45 Replies
avmorales25
Contributor

Still waiting for an update. Thanks! 

0 Kudos
avmorales25
Contributor

3 weeks have passed and no update...thanks! 

0 Kudos
ff_will
Explorer

On Jan 17th 2021, PhoneBoy (Admin) wrote, that a native Apple Silicon release is planned for Q2 2021. Last time I checked, the calendar said 2023. Still, in order to use the Check Point VPN client on Mac I would have to install Rosetta.🙈

Not only that we're forced (due to our infrastructure partners) to use a VPN which does not offer a Linux client (Check Point), it does not properly support Macs either. It would probably make life easier for anyone if they would just call their product a "Windows only" VPN.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

On the Linux front, we support StrongSWAN: https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk165014 
However, this would require your infrastructure partners to make specific configuration changes to support it.

On the Mac front, I thought we had eliminated the requirement for Rosetta, but could be wrong.
I recommend trying the latest standalone client here: https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk180818 

0 Kudos
ff_will
Explorer

Unfortunately not. Tried it with the version you mentioned:

Screenshot 2023-07-19 at 20.34.59.png

0 Kudos
ff_will
Explorer

Another month passed without a solution. Or did I miss something? I surely did not miss all the mails about the cool sessions on AI and blockchain you guys are promoting. Seems like Check Point prefers to play buzzword bingo rather than provide a working client for a platform which was introduced 3 years ago. 🤣

0 Kudos
akuganteng
Explorer

I'm also waiting for the native version for m1

0 Kudos
avmorales25
Contributor

Well, almost two months and no news yet... most likely it won't happen.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

0 Kudos
avmorales25
Contributor

I'm using E86.50 and runs Intel, not Apple Silicon.

Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 15.22.11.png

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

That's the main UI process, which is different from the kernel bits, all of which I think are native now.
In any case, current versions do NOT list Rosetta2 as a requirement in the Release Notes, which raises some questions.

0 Kudos
avmorales25
Contributor

alright, thanks for the clarification!

0 Kudos
AndreasF
Explorer

I'd like a version which is completely native, including the UI. Is there a planned release for a VPN client version without the need to resort to Rosetta?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Not sure we’ve eliminated the need for Rosetta2 just yet.
We did just released E87.20 here: https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

0 Kudos
AndreasF
Explorer

Yes, I tried that (E87.20) one (as well as E86.60) and got a dialog with this title:

To install "Endpoint Security VPN", you need to install Rosetta.

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

This is what @PhoneBoy was saying, Rosetta is still a requirement. If you need to get rid of it, please open an RFE

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events