Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RamGuy239
Advisor
Advisor

Check Point Harmony Endpoint and audio/video are not in sync using Microsoft Edge?

Greetings,

I've been testing Check Point Harmony Endpoint lately. I have to say the product has come a long way, and the cloud management via Check Point Infinity is a tremendous improvement compared to the on-premise legacy console.

I'm facing one major hurdle. No matter what policy I run, I'm facing immense audio/video desync in Microsoft Edge. Playing YouTube videos is useless.

I noticed the forensics engine was using a lot of CPU and memory, so I decided to disable Threat Hunting and Redemption in the policy. But this didn't help, and to my surprise, the CPU and memory usage of the forensics engine didn't seem to change even when disabling the Threat Hunting and Redemption capabilities in the policy.

What other features would utilise this engine? Not sure if it's CPU and memory usage is linked to the desync issues, I suppose it's the harmony plugin that gets enforced in Microsoft Edge causing issues.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar? Any pointers on how to fix this? The system feels responsive, playing games, etc., and works like before installing the client. So, it doesn't seem to reduce the system's overall performance. However, removing the client instantly fixes the desync issue within Microsoft Edge, so it's caused by running Check Point Harmony Endpoint E88.10. I noticed that E88.20 just got released, but there is nothing in the changelog pointing at any improvements related to this. I tried to downgrade to the "recommended" client E87.52, but it's the same issue running this version.

Certifications: CCSA, CCSE, CCSM, CCSM ELITE, CCTA, CCTE, CCVS, CCME
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Eitan_Erez
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Thanks you for taking the time and sharing the feedback.

My name is Eitan Erez and I am leading the Harmony Technical Sales.

I would kindly ask you to issue an SR in order to look into this issue, I just tested it to see if I face the same issue and I have no problem running any video via Edge, so it has to be a point issue which you are currently seeing.

It will be better to let our expert dive into the debug and try to pinpoint the problem.

Note:  I am running with E87.62

Sincerely,

Eitan Erez

Head of Harmony Technologies Sales, WW

RamGuy239
Advisor
Advisor

I tested it on another desktop, and it didn't cause issues. I also tested using Chrome and Firefox without issues. There is no easy way to "re-install" Microsoft Edge on Windows 11, so I decided to re-install the machine, and so far, so good. I re-enabled Threat Hunting and Remediation, and it still looks good!

Certifications: CCSA, CCSE, CCSM, CCSM ELITE, CCTA, CCTE, CCVS, CCME

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events