cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel_Taney
Advisor
Jump to solution

Capsule Docs & Check Point Courseware

I raised this issue in an older thread where a similar discussion was started but have kind of hit a wall, so I figured it may deserve its own thread. We bought electronic copies of the CCSA/CCSE courseware and I am stuck trying to get the Capsule Docs Viewer that was designated for use with these eBooks to integrate into Adobe Reader DC (CPDS-Viewer bundle).

I followed the installation instructions to the letter on two different Windows 10 machines with the same result. No matter what, I cannot get the documents to open in Adobe Reader. All I get is the single page indicating the document is protected:

I am able to view the documents in the traditional Capsule Docs reader, but I have the well documented problem of being unable to print the document in its entirety. So, I know my permissions to access the document are correct and functional. I just can't get this "add-on" to work in Adobe Reader.

Has anyone else run into this?

Thanks!

-Dan

R80 CCSA / CCSE
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Pawel_Topczewsk
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Have You tried to install Capsule Docs Editor?

It has all necessary plugins to open encrypted pdf in Adobe.

INFO: According to  sk139173, Adobe Reader support Capsule Docs Editor Add-on in Reader version no higher than 2018.011.20063.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Pawel_Topczewsk
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Have You tried to install Capsule Docs Editor?

It has all necessary plugins to open encrypted pdf in Adobe.

INFO: According to  sk139173, Adobe Reader support Capsule Docs Editor Add-on in Reader version no higher than 2018.011.20063.

0 Kudos
Daniel_Taney
Advisor

I did not see that there was a maximum version of Reader. Based on that, the version I have is too new. Let me try to go back and find an older version of Acrobat. Thanks for the tip!

R80 CCSA / CCSE
0 Kudos
Daniel_Taney
Advisor

That portion worked... now it appears that I don't have "Print" rights to eBook files when I retrieve my permissions in the Capsule Docs client console. It seems like I had this before? That's probably more of an account services issue now, I suppose?

I will say that the entire process to view this course material has been painful and makes me wish I could have just paid the same money and had a giant binder mailed to me. 

R80 CCSA / CCSE
0 Kudos
paloaltofan
Participant

Daniel, I was reading this thread and felt the need to +1 commiserate.   It is even more frustrating when you have Linux and have to find a windows machine to view a pdf, and then have to use the capsule viewer standalone which doesn't even allow you to jump to a particular page when your course instructor says "go to page 550". I also can't print, copy /paste or do any basic functions other than scroll up and down.  The whole idea of protecting the document and requiring proprietary viewers seems a bit ridiculous, this isn't top secret information.  Checkpoint seems to have missed the mark with their document handling in my opinion.

DonMartin
Explorer

This Viewer is just not usable! Does Checkpoint not have a single person with some knowledge in "usability"?

"User experience" is the most important thing if you want to sell something. But Checkpoint seems to take the viewpoint that they need not to bother with that here!

It's simply not usable at all.

Fo trhe course it was recommended to use a tavblet, so i tried to use it on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 - not exactly a cheap tablet i would say. Result: Simply not usable! Even though memory consumption was not really high the wait times until ANYTHING startet to move on the screen!

If you wanted to use the thing again after a while of no input it required the dumb password time and again!

"Smooth scrolling" was (kind of) possible on the tablet - not so with the notebook app...

As stated above: it's not even possible to simply enter a page number...

Also not possible: a view of the contents in a sidebar for easy navigation.

Summary: this product is a real pain in the a** !!!!

Kimberly_L
Explorer

It is even more frustrating when you have Linux and have to find a windows machine to view a pdf, and then have to use the capsule viewer standalone which doesn't even allow you to jump to a particular page when your course instructor says "go to page 550". I also can't print, copy /paste or do any basic functions other than scroll up and down.

0 Kudos
browneliz12
Explorer

Hi,

It is very useful for documents. Easy to handle all documents.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events