Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
K_montalvo
Advisor
Jump to solution

CHECKPOINT SANDBLAST AGENT VS ENDPOINT SECURITY

Hello experts,

Kindly confirm whats the difference between the Sandblast nano Agent (SBA4B) vs installing the endpoint security (EPS). My worry is if i use Endpoint Security (EPS) does includes the Sandblast Nano Agent? Because if i tried to installed SBA4B having installed (EPS) i get the following error:

Error 1404. Could not delete key \Software\Classes\CLSID{C0E8AE32.....}\InprocServer32. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
the_rock
Legend
Legend

In simple terms, sandblast is full EDR solution (av, anti malware, anti bot, app control, url filtering), while endpoint client has none of that, simple vpn component. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

In simple terms, sandblast is full EDR solution (av, anti malware, anti bot, app control, url filtering), while endpoint client has none of that, simple vpn component. 

K_montalvo
Advisor

Many Thanks for the clarification!!! @the_rock 

the_rock
Legend
Legend

No worries. Im not endpoint expert, but I believe to install SBA on machine, it probably has to meet more requirements, rather than just installing endpoint VPN itself.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Actually it’s a little more complicated than that.
The full SandBlast Agent (now Harmony Endpoint) does share a couple components with the Endpoint Security VPN client (namely desktop firewall, compliance, and self-protection mechanisms, and of course Remote Access).
Even if you install as Check Point Mobile or SecuRemote, I believe there is a small amount of overlap.

You wouldn’t use the SBA Nano Agent on something with the full Harmony Endpoint suite installed but you can use it on other systems.

K_montalvo
Advisor

@PhoneBoyThanks you for the advise and response you rock!

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events