Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RTFM
Participant
Jump to solution

Autostart FDE after installing machine

Hi there,

Can anyone tell me how i make sure FDE starts after reinstalling a machine without having to log in?

We use a deployment system just like SCCM, so we install CheckPoint Endpoint as early as possible and after all software has been installed, we reboot the machine.
Earlier this was enough, so that the FDE started by itself.

But now when a machine is done with final reboot and we login to check, the Endpoint client tells us it needs a reboot to start FDE.

I cannot find any help about this... what do you guys do when installing or reinstalling a computer that has encryptiong enabled?

Regards.

René.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Kobie_Bendalak
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

@RTFM Nothing was changed in this area, two reboots are still required for FDE installation to complete.

What is the installation procedure? Is it reimaging?

View solution in original post

RTFM
Participant

Yeh it´s when we´re reinstalling machines - PXE boot/F12 and whatever you wanna call it 🙂

I´m sure we´re doing 2 reboots... i actually did not know that was the requirement, nice to get that verified.

I will have another look at the process and see if a reboot has been removed.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Maybe this is something that changed.
What release are you deploying currently?
And what release were you deploying previously (perhaps when it was working)?

0 Kudos
RTFM
Participant

I am not 100% sure, since it´s not me directly experiencing this 🙂
But we were using E84 when it worked for sure.
Not we´re at E85, but im being told, that it also worked on E85.... which i don´t get 🙂

0 Kudos
Kobie_Bendalak
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

@RTFM Nothing was changed in this area, two reboots are still required for FDE installation to complete.

What is the installation procedure? Is it reimaging?

RTFM
Participant

Yeh it´s when we´re reinstalling machines - PXE boot/F12 and whatever you wanna call it 🙂

I´m sure we´re doing 2 reboots... i actually did not know that was the requirement, nice to get that verified.

I will have another look at the process and see if a reboot has been removed.

0 Kudos
RTFM
Participant

This was the issue... one reboot has been removed for some reason, so now i just have to put it back 🙂
Ossum! Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events