Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Serg78
Explorer

Assignment Firewall rules after migrating

Hi! We started migration from on-premise endpoint managemant to Infinity portal. Was used migration script from portal. Database was successfully exported and imported. After that we see all ours firewall rules was assigned to per user section but all of them was in computer vitrual groups and we use local firewall for micro segmentation. We have 70+ rules. After reconnect machines get a right rule which was assigned before on-premise. When we try create new rule its new rule do not assign to machine and if we create new rule in per device section - this rule do not assign too because, as we think, works old rule which stay upper then new. So, recreate all rules manually will take a lot of time. 
Is this normal and which way can be for moving all firewall rules from per user to per device? We need mixed mode, because App conrol rules uses users groups.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I did this migration few times without an issue. Just to make sure Im not misunderstanding anything, can you please attach a screenehot of an example you are referring to? Blur out any sensitive data.

Cheers,

Andy

0 Kudos
Serg78
Explorer

2023-05-29_21-13.jpeg

its end of per user section and start per device. But all virtual groups has computer type on-premise and contain only machines. All rules from on-premise simply moved from on-premise and starts from per user. Rule 76 was created in cloud. Befor per device section was only with default rule. But all machines has rules from per users section from above. 

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Sorry mate, my bad, did not read the post properly. I had it in my head it was smart-1, NOT endpoint management, though you clearly indicated that, apologies. For that, Im really not sure, never migrated endpoint server, so really have no idea. Maybe someone else can verify.

Might be worth checking with TAC as well.

Andy

0 Kudos
Serg78
Explorer

I can not find anything relevant for my situation and how migrate must works properly with rules and with new policy operation mode.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I cant say for sure, as I had only done migration from regular mgmt to smart-1 cloud and all the rules would always move over correctly.

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: CPX 2024 Recap

Tue 30 Apr 2024 @ 03:00 PM (CDT)

EMEA: CPX 2024 Recap

Thu 02 May 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: What's new in R82

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)