Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tom_allen
Contributor

Application Control Question

Hello, I have a question about application control. Our server is 80.40 and most of our clients are 84.30 and above. In smartendpoint I looked at the default application block list and see the "Steam.exe" is blacklisted. I then look on a client PC and see the Application control is enabled and has the correct version. So I tested it and it does not seem to work. I was able to download and install "Steam" and log into the program. What am I missing?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
9 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Do you have that application blocked in the security rule itself?

0 Kudos
tom_allen
Contributor

Not sure I know what you mean? In smartendpoint I go to "policies" and then Application control and then Manage Block Application List" and in that list is Steam.exesteam2.JPG

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Yes, I just saw the same thing in demo endpoint server. I am not really endpoint guy myself, so maybe someone else can give you more help here, but I am pretty sure that is correct, as by default, it appears 28 applications would be blacklisted and steam is one of them.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Never mind, disregard my first comment, I was more thinking of regular mgmt server, not endpoint side, sorry.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Screenshots of how you blacklisted it might be useful. 

0 Kudos
tom_allen
Contributor

Just uploaded the screenshot

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Hey Tom,

I actually spoke to a colleague of mine who is more familiar with endpoint and he suggested one thing you could try is create a test rule in policy with any given application and see if that app gets blocked or not, because if not, then it might be worth engaging TAC to have a look at this.

0 Kudos
tom_allen
Contributor

Thanks, I did create a test rule but it does or in this case does not block anything. 

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

In that case, I really have no other suggestions, sorry...unless someone else can help, I would advise to check with TAC.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events