cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create a Post
Highlighted

kernel panic macOS 10.15 Beta (19A526h) Catalina

Hello Together
I have with the latest beta of macOS Catalina some kernel panics when macOS is starting up.
Installed versions:
Endpoint Security: E80.89
macOS: 10.15 Beta (19A526h)

Is there already a new version? Or does anyone have a workaround?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Admin
Admin

Re: kernel panic macOS 10.15 Beta (19A526h) Catalina

We currently don't have an Endpoint client available that supports Catalina.
EA versions are generally made available a few weeks after GA of the relevant MacOS X release.
0 Kudos
schoenf
Iron

Is there any Beta out, that can be tried. I really would need a solution for it?

On one instance of Catalina it works (Mac mini) (using Certificate and Certificate Store) on two MacBooks Pro it shows different behaviour, but it doesn't work.

waiting...

-werner

0 Kudos

This is ridiculous. I talked about it with several PM's in the past and it is a recurring problem. Start developing software while the MacOS developers release is out instead of testing with EA after the fact. MacOS users tend not to wait with upgrades.

0 Kudos

You could say the same thing for Windows releases. What is the point of Apple and Microsoft offering Insider releases/betas if they are not being used by developers?
0 Kudos

I would uninstall EPS client when using the latest beta of macOS - it surely is unsupported, so it makes no sense to keep it uinstalled during beta testing ! According to sk117536, E80.89 client supports macOS Mojave (10.14) and macOS High Sierra (10.13) only. See sk117536 Endpoint Security Homepage for details - here we also can read: We are committed to offer early availability clients within 3 weeks of OS GA and to announce GA within 2 months of OS GA, however in practice we are delivering much faster. See sk115192 for OS support timeline.

0 Kudos
schoenf
Iron

First experiences with Catalina:

on one of three systems it works, on the other two I get errors and cant get it to work.

waiting for a new version....

0 Kudos
Employee+
Employee+

Please reach out to me directly with your details. I'll try to see where R&D are with the version as I've seen a working client, but will depend on what you want to do / run.

Due to holidays in Israel, many R&D contacts are not back in the office until Tuesday 15th October.

Tom
0 Kudos
schoenf
Iron

Dear Tom!

I am currently running (see below) which works on one of three Catalina machines. I am happy to test any beta you might have available. 

Endpoint Security VPN for Mac
Mac OS XClientIPsecE80.89
(sk131152)
NoYesNo
0 Kudos

I'm looking into the specifics on our end as well, looks like there is a conflict with gemalto middleware for smart cards. 

0 Kudos
Employee+
Employee+

Just to feed back - HQ Team say they should have a new internal build they want certain Check Point staff to test with created today, and therefore are on track to release an Early Availability version, by the end of the month.

I will keep tabs on the release of this, and share once I have something that's public.

0 Kudos
Vesso3003
Ivory

Hello CP Team,

Could you please update us on this?

When can we expect the new version?

Thanks.

0 Kudos