Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AllenVR
Explorer

While Online USB Media Prompting for Password When Inserted

We recently upgraded/migrated from R77.30 on Windows to R80.20 on Gaia. When USB media encrypted under the Windows server is inserted into an online client device, a password prompt occurs to access the encrypted media. Previous functionality when on a managed client online did not require a password. Offline access did prompt as expected. We followed all standard database export/import processes for migrating from R77.30 to R80.20 as well as all standard setup/configuration processes on the Gaia server. has anyone experienced this or similar. TAC is working a case for this but so far has not been able to replicate the issue.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Which version of the Endpoint client is being used here?
0 Kudos
AllenVR
Explorer

E80.90

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Have you pushed policy to the clients at all since the upgrade?
0 Kudos
AllenVR
Explorer

PhoneBoy,

Thanks for the reply.

If by "push a policy" you mean that clients are getting Removable Media Encryption and Common-Client settings from policy, then "Yes", they are. The database import process brought all policies over. The clients are all getting the same policies that they did under the Windows R77.30 server.

The migration and setup of the Gaia R80.20 server was accomplished using all documented steps.

If you mean something else by "push a policy", please let me know.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

There is a specific "Install Policy" button in the top left of SmartEndpoint.

Screen Shot 2019-08-25 at 9.28.17 PM.png

0 Kudos
AllenVR
Explorer

Yes, I did do a “Save” and “Install Policy” in SmartEndpoint for Media Encryption and Common Client policies after the migration.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I suspect the TAC will need to be involved here so we can see what's going on.
0 Kudos
AllenVR
Explorer

Case 6-0001728898 has been open with TAC since 8/7.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events