Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tom_Graney
Explorer

HDD Locked or ruined?

My company uses Checkpoint/Endpoint. While my laptop was being serviced, I removed the HDD, and attempted to access it files. The HDD is no longer usable. Is recovery possible?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The drive is most likely encrypted.

This means, unless you boot off the drive or use the Dynamic Mount Utility (DMU), you will not be able to access the data.

Most likely, you will need to work with your IT department to utilize this tool.

0 Kudos
Tom_Graney
Explorer

They are trying to unlock/access the drive, but without success so far. The reason I asked the question is that the drive will not boot in its original machine. After the Checkpoint login, and just after starting Windows, it goes bsod.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

This is the kind of issue the DMU is designed to deal with.

You slave the drive on another system and use the DMU tool to mount the drive (assuming it's not corrupt).

Tom_Graney
Explorer

I have received my HDD back from IT who could not decrypt it or otherwise make it readable. I'm looking to get it done myself and am wondering if anyone at Checkpoint would be willing to look at it.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Your IT folks should open a ticket with the Check Point TAC to see what can be done.

Contact Support | Check Point Software 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events