Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MiloJawo
Contributor
Contributor

Remove Office 365 from Harmony Email and Office

Hi Team,

I am looking for solution to completely remove office 365 account from CloudGuard SaaS.

At the beginning I choose Automatic Mode for deployment and for some reason ( 2FA ) 
user checkpoint-service-user@[TENANT-NAME].onmicrosoft.com didn't create require configuration.

Now when I am stoping Office 365 service and starting it again ( after an hour or two )
I don't see an option to chose automatic or manual configuration.

Config is going to Auto Mode in 2 steps and all previews settings are on place.
What I can do now is only re-authenticate apps into my Office 365 tenant and this process if going without errors.
However Check Point Service User is not create again and deployment cannot be completed.

Is such possibility to restore setting to factory defaults and start form scratches again ???
or at lest again have an option between Manual Mode and Automatic Mode ???

At this point I am stuck 😞

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

#MJ

0 Kudos
10 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Recommend engaging the TAC here.

0 Kudos
Igor_Moskowitz
Employee
Employee

Hello MiloJawo,

you need to disable 2FA (also geo-location restrictions) for the Check Point user, then it should start to work and you will see events and mails. You can re-authorize the config if needed (see screenshot below):

"After you grant CloudGuard SaaS access permission to Office 365, a new global administration account is created in the Exchange Admin Center. The email address of the account is checkpoint-service-user@[TENANT-NAME].onmicrosoft.com. This account is referred to as Check Point Service User, which runs PowerShell commands to automatically configure Office 365 to work with CloudGuard SaaS (as outlined in sk144213). If MFA is enabled on this user, the configuration cannot take place."

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

O365 re-auth.png

Best regards,
Igor

MiloJawo
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Igor
Thank for reply ... unfortunately I found 2FA issue / requirement too late.

I had a ChP plugin and Check Point Service User in my Office Tenant however because something was wrong
I delete this user.
Now when I am starting a service and authorize apps again, user is not created again.

I don't see an option to manual setup either ... in short way ... I am stuck 😞

I hope You got a point.

BTW ... instead using conditional access polices You can disable all 2FA ( MS Auth app ) in this section 🙂

00.JPG

0 Kudos
Alberto_Araque
Employee
Employee

Hello!

I had a similar problem with a customer a few weeks ago and was solved by TAC. Did you open a ticket and have the SR number?

Also contact your local office in order to escalate the SR if needed.

Thank you!!

Alberto Araque
Emerging Tech Security Expert – Iberia
MiloJawo
Contributor
Contributor

Hello
Working on it 🙂

0 Kudos
Igor_Moskowitz
Employee
Employee

Hello Milo,

most likely you need to remove the whole configuration which was done by Harmony Email in O365 tenant, not only the user (Connectors, Mailflow-Rules / Journaling-Rules, Enterprise Apps ...) Afterwards you should be able to re-authorize the connection. Don´t use manual mode, as it is a lot more unflexible and you will need to change settings manually each time you change the policy.

As stated by Albero and Phoneboy, just open an SR. You will get an info form TAC what should be removed in the tenant. Maybe they also can just initiate only missing things in the backend to be added.

Regards,

Igor

MiloJawo
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Igor
Because CheckPoint Service User couldn't login into Office 365 ( 2FA ) 
he didn't change anything in Connectors, Mailflow-Rules / Journaling-Rules
I removed only Enterprise Apps and ChP Service User from my Office 365
However when I re-authorized the connection form Harmony Portal only Enterprise Apps are recreated again.
( without any problems )
ChP Service User Account is not created again and I am stuck 😐
I hope You got a point.
This is a reason why I was asking about manual mode or starting from scratches, but thanks for advice 🙂

I have a scheduled meeting with experts next week.
I'll let you know about solution 🙂 if any will show up
thank You

BR
Milo

0 Kudos
TAAUS_Sec_Tech
Explorer

Were you able to get this resolved? I had a similar issue and TAC could not resolve it

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

What's the TAC SR?
Please send me in a PM.

0 Kudos
MiloJawo
Contributor
Contributor

Hello sir!

TAC moved me to Harmony Email & Office 2.0 when issue with 2FA + CheckPoint Service User has been resolved.

Zrzut ekranu 2021-09-07 094735.png
BR

Milo

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events