Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TK8867
Explorer

Unable to connect to VPN

Hello

Please help me.

The version is R81.20. I would like to implement a VPN connection to the external interface of the firewall.

However, there are two external interfaces for VPN. Static routes and default routes have been set on the firewall,

and when I make a VPN connection this time, I would like packets to return according to the static route.

However, since the packets return according to the default route, the VPN connection is interrupted after a few tens of seconds.

In this case, how should I set it up to communicate correctly? I do not want to change the static route and default route settings.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

What kind of VPN: Remote Access or Site to Site?
Either way, this involves the Link Selection setting in the relevant gateway object.
By default, VPN will use the Main IP of the gateway (configured in the General tab of the relevant gateway object).

0 Kudos
TK8867
Explorer

Thanks for your reply.

This is about remote access.

I can communicate over VPN. However, after a few seconds, it keeps reconnecting, disconnecting, and reconnecting. Is this related to link selection?

The VPN site address is set to the external interface, and the gateway address is set to the internal address, which is the main address of the firewall.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Very likely related to Link Selection, yes.

0 Kudos
Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events