Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vinceneil666
Advisor
Jump to solution

Cloudguard Connect vs Azure vWAN

hi,

I just started the eval on the cloudguuard connect, and set up some connections. I did notice that in the start I could choose Azure vWAN integration, but that option disapeared after I created regular links..   I tried deleting them all, to get the azure vwan option back - but it is gone now 😞 ... Anyone have any idea on how I get that option back ? 

And also, has anyone tried setting up cloudguard connect with azure vwan ? Any tips n tricks there - at least related to the script for the management... it looks a bit iffy, and only supporting r80.10 ? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

Hey - currently you can use the Azure VWAN integration OR add site objects regularly.  So once you start adding site objects, you cannot go back and mix it with your Azure automatic integration. Via a support ticket, Check Point can revert the things so that you can POC the VWAN integration.

As for your second option I believe you meant the CloudGuard IaaS - a virtual gateway that you deploy at your Azure regional hub by yourself. That would be the customer-owning-the-gateway-platform solution. With CloudGuard Connect, the security is delivered as a service and you don't need to handle the Check Point platforms. So 2 different approaches fitting different and very valid use cases.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

Hey - currently you can use the Azure VWAN integration OR add site objects regularly.  So once you start adding site objects, you cannot go back and mix it with your Azure automatic integration. Via a support ticket, Check Point can revert the things so that you can POC the VWAN integration.

As for your second option I believe you meant the CloudGuard IaaS - a virtual gateway that you deploy at your Azure regional hub by yourself. That would be the customer-owning-the-gateway-platform solution. With CloudGuard Connect, the security is delivered as a service and you don't need to handle the Check Point platforms. So 2 different approaches fitting different and very valid use cases.

0 Kudos
Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events