Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
medtiti
Explorer

Unable to start policy installation ---Policy installation is already in progress

Hello Mates,

Since couples days, i'm facing this issues when i want to deploy or install policy in the SMS. it tell me " Unable to start policy installation ---Policy installation on a gateway is already in progress" (see in picture down)

help ! 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I think it would be best to simply do cpstop; cpstart or reboot the management server. Then, log back in and try again. If you do reboot it (which I personally would), you can verify the smart conole is ready by running below when box is up from expert:

watch -d $FWDIR/scripts/./cpm_status.sh

When it says server is up and ready, you can log back into Smart Console.

Cheers,

Andy

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Also, to add something else, IF what I suggested fails, I would verify SIC works and communication is there between mgmt/gateway. But, Im fairly positive rebooting the management would work.

Andy

0 Kudos
medtiti
Explorer

Hey @the_rock , thanks for your reply, i'm sure that the reboot will resolve this issues, i want to try it in this weekend. Come you back when done.

0 Kudos
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

I am pretty sure that restarting the services on the Security Management Server will also work (cpstop and cpstart)

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

That also makes most sense to me as well.

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.