Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sanjay_S
Advisor
Jump to solution

Upgrade Checkpoint in Azure cloud

Hi All,

We are planning to upgrade the Checkpoint in the Azure from R80.10 to R80.30.

Please let me know from where we can download the image and latest HF for the upgrade.

Kernel:

Thanks in advance.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HeikoAnkenbrand
Champion Champion
Champion
here are the azure upgrade links:

Solution Type Upgrade Link 
Management and Gateway Upgrade Machine sk161015
Management Upgrade Version sk155632
Management Increase Disk Size sk156552
Gateway Increase Disk Size sk156552
VMSS Upgrade Version CloudGuard Network for Azure VMSS R80.10 and Higher Administration Guide
(This link was edited by Check Point on 19 Dec 2021)
HA Upgrade Version CloudGuard Network High Availability for Azure R80.10 and Higher Deployment Guide
Cluster Upgrade to HA CloudGuard Network High Availability for Azure R80.10 and Higher Deployment Guide
Multi-Domain Server Upgrade HA environment sk154436

➜ CCSM Elite, CCME, CCTE

View solution in original post

18 Replies
HeikoAnkenbrand
Champion Champion
Champion
here are the azure upgrade links:

Solution Type Upgrade Link 
Management and Gateway Upgrade Machine sk161015
Management Upgrade Version sk155632
Management Increase Disk Size sk156552
Gateway Increase Disk Size sk156552
VMSS Upgrade Version CloudGuard Network for Azure VMSS R80.10 and Higher Administration Guide
HA Upgrade Version CloudGuard Network High Availability for Azure R80.10 and Higher Deployment Guide
Cluster Upgrade to HA CloudGuard Network High Availability for Azure R80.10 and Higher Deployment Guide
Multi-Domain Server Upgrade HA environment sk154436

➜ CCSM Elite, CCME, CCTE
Sanjay_S
Advisor

Hi Heiko,

Thank you for helping me with these SKs. I want to upgrade the security gateway to R80.10 to R80.30 so need similar SK as sk155632 for gateway. I searched for it but did not get any relevant one.

Dmitry_Gorn
Employee
Employee

Hi Sanjay,

If you wish to upgrade a single gateway, please do a side-by-side deployment and move traffic and configurations between the gateways.

We currently have an SK for AWS: sk118717. The steps for Azure side-by-side upgrade are similar and an SK for gateway upgrade in Azure will be published in the future.

If you have any issues during this procedure please contact support to get assistance.

Thanks,

Dmitry

scottikon
Contributor

Hi Dmity, 

Do you know if a SK was published for Azure side-by-side upgrade?

Kind Regards

Scott Pearson

TCheema
Explorer

Hi All,

We are trying to upgrade a single Azure gateway from R80.30 to R80.40. I looks like this will have to be a side-by-side upgrade but where can we find the instructions and image?

Thanks,

Tina 

0 Kudos
John_Richards
Contributor

Is it now possible to upgrade a single azure GW (R80.40) to R81.10 using CPUSE or do you still have complete a side-by-side deployment? It was my understanding something was to be released in late June to allow this. Thanks

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I don't believe we've released images that support an in-place upgrade yet.

Mark_Halsall
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Soon...

avivs
Employee
Employee

Just in - In-place upgrade for Azure is now released.

Upgrade packages, supported upgrade flows, versions and configurations are available in sk177714 - CloudGuard for Public Cloud In-Place upgrade packages

We will be more than happy to receive feedback or requests.

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

What was released was the ability to upgrade gateways in place.
Management (which includes Standalone deployments) still cannot be upgraded in-place per sk177714.

0 Kudos
avivs
Employee
Employee

Right.

Per OP's question, in-place upgrade for Gateways can be done per sk177714.

In-place upgrade for CGNS management instances is a roadmap item.

I hope we will be able to announce CGNS in-place upgrade for managements as well in the near future.

kritik
Explorer

Dear avivs

Thank you for all the information shared regarding this procedure.

By following it until now, we ve reached in the below package "azure_blink_image_1.1_Check_Point_R81.10_T335_JHF_T87_SecurityGateway.tgz"

in an attempt to in place upgrade a R80.30 cluster

After uploading the package to gateway via Gaia, in the package verification step, we receive the below message:

"Upgrade: Upgrade is allowed. The Dynamic Deployment Rules engine failed. Contact Check Point Technical Services for further assistance."

Could not find any relative information regarding the "Dynamic Deployment Rules engine". Does this ring any bell or should I open a ticket?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

As the error message suggests, please open a TAC case: https://help.checkpoint.com 

0 Kudos
Sanjay_S
Advisor

Hi Heiko,

Could you please help me with the Azure Checkpoint side-by-side upgrade link if any. So that it will be helpful to proceed with the upgrade soon.

Regards,

Sanjay S

0 Kudos
rionetwork
Participant

Hi Sanjay,

I below post we see you mentioned you were able to successfully upgrade. We are doing the same in our environment , hence if you can share the step u followed for upgrade it will be great and help to achieve same in our environment.

Waiting to hear from you.

Thanks,

Sunit Panday

Sanjay_S
Advisor

Hi Sunit,

It is always better to go with In-Place upgrade. I followed  the below steps because there was no in place upgrade when i upgraded it.

Regards,

Sanjay S

0 Kudos
rionetwork
Participant

HI Sanjay,

May be your forgot to add the steps. Please help to add the Steps u followed.

May be if you can share your email we can discuss over there as well.

Thanks,

Sunit Panday

0 Kudos
Shira
Participant

Hi Rionetwork,

If you have done side by side upgradation can you please share the steps you followed.

@Sanjay_S, will be helpful if can share the steps you followed

WR

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.