Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnnyringo
Advisor

Unable to Deploy CheckPoint HA cluster on Google Cloud Platform

Looks like the deployment template for Google Cloud Platform was updated yesterday and does not allow more than a single interface.  Since HA requires 3 interfaces, this means it's impossible to deploy.

checkpoint_gcp_deployment_18-May-2021.png

Will this be fixed soon?  And can CheckPoint please for goodness sake actually test their templates before releasing them?

6 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Im pretty sure this was possible before, so something changed recently, for sure. Maybe someone from R&D can confirm.

0 Kudos
johnnyringo
Advisor

It was changed on May 17th.  I was able to deploy a 3-nic R80.40 cluster on May 16th without issue.  

arielto
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

For your reference, we publish all CloudGuard Network Security image/template changes in sk147032.

You can see there that we haven't modified our templates since April 20.

0 Kudos
arielto
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi @johnnyringo 

My name is Ariel and I am the R&D owner for CloudGuard for GCP.

We've detected that there has been a change in GCP UI I/S recently.

The meaning of the message you got is that you can't deploy more than 1 interface for the Cluster VPC; which is the original requirement (exactly 1 NIC for this VPC).

The message is indeed ambiguous, and we'll work with Google to simplify it if possible.

Meanwhile, I can confirm that you can deploy the solution ignoring these messages. The deployment works as expected.

Please let me know if additional support is needed.

Thanks,

Ariel

0 Kudos
Fabien_Galmart
Explorer

Dear,

I'm trying to deploy a R80.30 cluster in Google CLoud. I'm able to select more than one internal interface but when I m' creating it with 4 internal interface. I receive this message during the deployement : "Too many network interfaces. The maximum number of network interfaces allowed for this machine type is 4".

When I create the cluster with one internal interface the deployement is working.

Any idea?

Regards,

Fabien

0 Kudos
Shay_Levin
Admin
Admin

vi.jpg

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.