Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SriniKrish
Collaborator
Jump to solution

CloudGuard Network security default password

Hello,

I am testing a CP CG gateway in AWS and the installation has been completed. But I am unable to login to the applicance.

Is there a default password for this ? I tried admin admin but doesnt work.

In on premise installations, we configure password during the initial install phase but nothing such happens here.

Also, I don't see any option requesting for usr name and pswd apart from key pair requested in one setting.

Appreciate any directions here.

Regards,

srini

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Edan_Leventhal
Employee
Employee

Hi Srini

There is no default password in AWS deployments of Gaia.

You are supposed to connect with your SSH key and the admin user, after which you should be entered automatically without a password prompt.

As a first step after connecting, you are expected to set a password for the admin user via Clish:
>set user admin password

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Edan_Leventhal
Employee
Employee

Hi Srini

There is no default password in AWS deployments of Gaia.

You are supposed to connect with your SSH key and the admin user, after which you should be entered automatically without a password prompt.

As a first step after connecting, you are expected to set a password for the admin user via Clish:
>set user admin password

SriniKrish
Collaborator

Thanks Eden for your prompt response.

I will give it as shot right away and update.

Regards,

Srini

0 Kudos
SriniKrish
Collaborator

Thank you again !

That did the trick.

0 Kudos
SriniKrish
Collaborator

Hi Edan,

Good day,

I have a follow up question. The default version of the AWS image is R80.40, there is an option showing other available versions ( screenshot attached).

Is it possible to install the required version or do I have to do the initial install with R80.40 and then upgrade to the required versions as we do in physical deployments ?

Even during deployment, it doesn't give options to select R81 versions.

Thank you,

Srini

0 Kudos
Edan_Leventhal
Employee
Employee

Hi Srini,

I'm not sure why those images are locked to R80.40.

We generally recommend to deploy our solutions using CloudFormation templates via https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk111013 

You just have to select there what product you want, and pressing "Launch Stack" will forward you to the CloudFormation template on AWS.

Hope this simplifies things.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.