cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maya_Levine
Employee
Employee

CloudGuard Architecture Blueprint Diagrams Updated

The CloudGuard Architecture Blueprint Diagrams document has been updated to include AWS GW Load Balancer diagrams and GCP Architecture diagrams. 

Go to this link to download the updated document:

https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Cloud-Network-Security/CloudGuard-Blueprint-Architecture-Diagram...

(1)
11 Replies
Don_Paterson
Advisor

Please can you let me know the latest version of Blue Print?
I can't see a version number here:

https://www.checkpoint.com/downloads/products/cloudguard-architecture-blueprint-diagrams.pdf

but it seems to match me V5 PDF copy.

@Shay_Levin 

I was wondering if a new version would be created after the Azure vWAN release.

Thanks,

Don

0 Kudos
Shay_Levin
Admin
Admin

Hi,

The version in your link match the V5 PDF.

It's not just the Virtual wan that is missing it's also the Cloud Wan that is missing.

I'm not familiar with any effort of updating the document, but it's a good idea , i will forward it to the relevant owners.

Don_Paterson
Advisor

Great, thanks Shay.
Always useful for customers and partners to have up-to-date recommendations that are based on the latest & ever-changing public cloud offerings and recommendations.

Regards,

Don

0 Kudos
Jeff_Engel
Employee
Employee

I can report that we are in the process of updating the cloud blueprints to include all of the new technologies that we have introduced since the last version was released.  Long process but plan to have it out the door this summer.  Will look to see if we can incrementally update individual recommendations more frequently.

jmaresky
Employee
Employee

There is a difference between the Blueprint white paper document and the Blueprint reference architecture diagrams (also a document).

We are working on a new version of the Blueprint white paper.

We should also update the diagram document with Azure Virtual WAN ref arch and AWS Cloud WAN ref arch.

We'll work on this and update.

Best regards,

Jonathan

Don_Paterson
Advisor

Great. Thank you both.
Will you link them here when that is done please?

Regards,

Don

0 Kudos
jmaresky
Employee
Employee

Absolutely.

The diagram doc link will stay the same - we will just update the document and use the same link as before.

The white paper will take a little longer because it is a lot of new and exciting work that we are doing.

We will publish this new version with a lot of noise and excitement so it will be difficult to miss1

We will update here as well.

Thx

Jonathan

Don_Paterson
Advisor

Hey Shay,

I see that there is a new version up now. It is 23 pages (from 20) and I see the vwan diagram.

I noticed that the Scaling solution is in the South Hubs on the diagrams now.

Is that a change in general recommendation to go with Autoscaling in both the N and S hub?

It would be nice to have a versioning of the BP diagrams. That way I don't have to figure it out based on page numbers or comparing diagrams or anything like that. 🙂

https://www.checkpoint.com/downloads/products/cloudguard-architecture-blueprint-diagrams.pdf

Regards,

Don

Nir_Shamir
Employee Employee
Employee

it's still missing some things like the changes we have in GCP using internal load-balancers.

jmaresky
Employee
Employee

Thanks for the feedback - appreciated! 

We updated the document a few days ago and I was planning to update this thread - apologies 🙂

@Jeff_Engel is the Technical Marketing Engineer responsible for this document and he will update on the questions and comments.

I like the suggestion re: versioning and will add it ASAP, I think together with a version date.

Thanks again,

Jonathan

p.s. we are still working on Blueprint 3.0 - it is a big effort and will take at least another month but we expect it will be worth the wait!

Jeff_Engel
Employee
Employee

Hi @Nir_Shamir  and @Don_Paterson 

We'll work on updating GCP.  Regarding auto-scaling on the south hub it depends(usually whether or not you need S2S VPN) and we will review all of the diagrams to ensure we are as clear as possible when and where it makes sense.

For Azure, VMSS can be used for north and south hubs in a lot of cases.  With AWS, GWLB can answer that bell as well.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.