Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Narsimha_Rao_Ko
Participant

Checkpoint firewall in SPAN mode in Google cloud

We were testing R80.40 CP Firewall in SPAN mode in Google cloud. But it is not working. It seems to be not working if we assign an IP address to the SPAN interface but that is what’s required in GCP for getting mirror traffic from the load balancer.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Ofir_Shikolski
Employee
Employee

AFAIK there is a product that can do it : https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/SandBlast-Now/bd-p/sandblast-now 

0 Kudos
Narsimha_Rao_Ko
Participant

Thanks for the update.

We actually trying to use the Mirroring feature of Google Cloud Platform (GCP) to get the data from load balancer to CP firewall. It requires the IP address needs to be assigned to SPAN interface for the load balancer to send the data. But when we assign the IP, CP firewall dropping all the packets which are coming to SPAN interface saying 'missing OS route'

Can you suggest which CP product we have to choose in GCP Marketing place for this to work?

0 Kudos
Nir_Naaman
Collaborator

A firewall is a layer 3 device and as such is not applicable to a traffic mirroring scenario. Traffic mirroring is typically used for IDS or NDR solutions. As Ofir indicated above, CloudGuard Now (the cloud variant of SandBlast Now) is such a product, and can indeed interoperate with GCP traffic mirroring. However, CloudGuard Now for GCP is not in General Availability yet, so if you're interested in trying it out, please contact me offline. See the SandBlast Now product brief for more details.

Narsimha_Rao_Ko
Participant

Thanks for the info. I will send you an email for further details.

0 Kudos
Narsimha_Rao_Ko
Participant

Can you please provide me with your email id?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I’ll make sure @Nir_Naaman has your email and contacts you.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.