Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alex-
Advisor
Advisor
Jump to solution

Azure Cloud Guard IaaS licensing & Smart-1 Cloud

I may have missed this in the relevant admin guides but I don't seem to find clear guidelines to license additional virtual cores on Azure CG managed by Smart-1 Cloud.

I will add cores to an existing instance and I wondered how it needs to be licensed exactly. The current active Azure CG IaaS seems to be locally licensed with 100.64.0.y as management and 100.64.0.x where y is the virtual IP of the Smart-1 Cloud and x is the virtual IP of the firewall, as they appear in the R81.10 Smart Console.

Should I do the same for the additional core and it via the license tab or SmartUpdate?

Any advice on how to do this properly is appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Alex-
Advisor
Advisor

In the end, it was even simpler than that. Licensed centrally in the UC to the virtual IP of the Smart-1 Cloud 100.64.0.52 and applied via the Licenses tab of the Cloud Guard IaaS in the R81.10 Smart Console.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Note the Smart-1 Cloud admin guide limitations section states:

To use the "vsec_lic_cli" tool to apply CloudGuard IaaS licenses, contact Check Point Support.

Refer: https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/Infinity_Portal/WebAdminGuides/EN/Check-Point-SmartCloud-Admin-...

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
Alex-
Advisor
Advisor

Thanks Chris, I took it with TAC.

I hope a self-service is in the plans as it requires back and forth with Support to activate Cloud instances and customers don't like to wait. 😄

0 Kudos
Alex-
Advisor
Advisor

In the end, it was even simpler than that. Licensed centrally in the UC to the virtual IP of the Smart-1 Cloud 100.64.0.52 and applied via the Licenses tab of the Cloud Guard IaaS in the R81.10 Smart Console.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.