cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Niteshtb
Participant

checkpint firewall backup through ansible

Hi Team,

I want to create a playbook through which take backup of checkpoint. So please tell me which module I will use for take backup using ansible.

Connection details:-

[checkpoint]
192.168.1.xxx
[checkpoint:vars]
ansible_user=admin
ansible_password=admin123
ansible_network_os=check_point.mgmt.checkpoint
ansible_connection=httpapi

Ansible Version:

ansible 2.9.6
config file = /etc/ansible/ansible.cfg
configured module search path = ['/home/nitesh/.ansible/plugins/modules', '/usr/share/ansible/plugins/modules']
ansible python module location = /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/ansible
executable location = /usr/bin/ansible
python version = 3.8.10 (default, Mar 15 2022, 12:22:08) [GCC 9.4.0]

0 Kudos
6 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Current ansible tools for Check Point do not include a direct module for getting a backup.

However, you can script backup operations and call that script through cp_mgmt_run_script module when using ansible Check Point Ansible Mgmt Collectionhttps://galaxy.ansible.com/check_point/mgmt

0 Kudos
Hugo_vd_Kooij
Advisor

Unfortunatly the GAIA API allows you to put a file on the box but is has no provision to fetch one. 

Considering that copying a file with SCP to anothe hosts is a no-go for our company the only way is to use basic file copy actions in Ansible. But it has it's own challenges.

<< We make miracles happen while you wait. The impossible jobs take just a wee bit longer. >>
0 Kudos
Niteshtb
Participant

Thanks for Reply 

There is difficult to make a script for getting checkpoint firewall backup to ansible server.

Is there another way to take backup through ansible.

0 Kudos
Niteshtb
Participant

Thanks for Reply 

For this module (cp_mgmt_run_script) I have to make a shell script for take backup of checkpoint firewall into my server. 

Is there another way to take backup through ansible.

_Val_
Admin
Admin

Not that I know of.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Ansible is used to describe (and maintain) a specific configuration state versus executing a specific task like a backup.

0 Kudos
Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events