cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
boneyard
Contributor
Jump to solution

Which log to check for API incident

Encountered an issue where I couldn't update a rule from a playbook with the error below. Turned out to be an issue with using the same name in the rule as in a section. Still im looking for which log file I should check to look further into that incident ID.

failed: [mgmt-1.domain.ext] (item={'id': '3', 'type': 'rule', 'name': 'Stealth rule', 'source': 'Any', 'destination': 'grp_firewall', 'service': 'Any', 'action': 'Drop', 'log': 'Log', 'state': 'absent'}) => {"ansible_loop_var": "item", "changed": false, "item": {"action": "Drop", "destination": "grp_firewall", "id": "3", "log": "Log", "name": "Stealth rule", "service": "Any", "source": "Any", "state": "present", "type": "rule"}, "msg": "Checkpoint device returned error 500 with message {'code': 'generic_internal_error', 'message': 'Internal error. For more info search for incident [888485d3-31d0-4d14-84ab-958345123523] in log file'}"}

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

$FWDIR/log/api.elg.
Given this is a 500 error, the fix for this might just be a reboot.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

$FWDIR/log/api.elg.
Given this is a 500 error, the fix for this might just be a reboot.

0 Kudos
boneyard
Contributor

Thanks,useful for the next time.

It seemed related to using the same name for a rule and a section. Once I stopped doing that the error went away.

0 Kudos
Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events