Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hugo_vd_Kooij
Advisor

Getting the basics

My immediate goal is use Ansible to get some basic facts from a large number of Check Point hosts. These hosts can be a Smart Center or a gateway or ....

From each host I woul like to known the most basic information:

1. Check Point version (ex: R80.40 or R81.10)
  2. Check Point hotfix  (ex: JHF Take 120 or JHF Take 11)
  3. hostname

The hostname is something we get easily.

The version is more work but I think we can figure that one out to get a reliable response.

Getting the Jumbo Hotfix details is even more work and so far the results are not very reliable. And I have not found a good way to tell if a custom hotfix is installed either.

Did anyone master this subject?

<< We make miracles happen while you wait. The impossible jobs take just a wee bit longer. >>
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Art_Zalenekas
Employee
Employee

You could use the run-script API or check_point.mgmt.cp_mgmt_run_script Ansible collection module to run cpinfo -yFW1 to get that information from a GW or cpinfo -yMGMT to get the information from the management server.

0 Kudos
Hugo_vd_Kooij
Advisor

I need to test this in our mixed customer environment to see how usefull the information is that way. Wil see if I can do so this afternoon.

<< We make miracles happen while you wait. The impossible jobs take just a wee bit longer. >>
0 Kudos
Hugo_vd_Kooij
Advisor

Actually `cpinfo -yMGMT` is not valid.

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

"cpinfo -y all" is probably simpler?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
Art_Zalenekas
Employee
Employee

That will be valid on the SMS/MDS and Standalone. What version are you running?
Looking at cpinfo -yall, you can see all the subcategories that you can use for the -y parameter.

0 Kudos
Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events