cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Harald_Hansen
Advisor
Advisor

Ansible support for "simple cluster" API

Looking at the Check Point Ansible Mgmt Collection Github I cannot find any traces of the simple-cluster implementation in the API. 

I know we can create plays directly the webservice API, though this requires the play to validate idempotency. I'd prefer if CP could do this validation, as you know the inner workings.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I suspect the reason it's not in the official module yet is precisely because the relevant operations aren't idempotent yet (something Ansible requires).

0 Kudos
Harald_Hansen
Advisor
Advisor

We rely on Check Point providing fully supported feature sets to keep up with the competition. Is there any way to fast track basic feature parity with Azure Firewall and others in the automation realm?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I know we're working on this stuff, but I don't know the precise timelines.
If this is a requirement for you, I highly recommend reaching out to your local Check Point office.

0 Kudos
Jim_Oqvist
Employee
Employee

Hi Harald,

R&D are always looking to receive feedback on which modules to add into the Ansible collection. I suggest you open a issue at: https://github.com/CheckPointSW/CheckPointAnsibleMgmtCollection/issues and request to have this module developed. 

Kind Regards
Jim

0 Kudos
Harald_Hansen
Advisor
Advisor

I really do expect CP to evolve their automation offerings with the slow expansion of API features.

Why should we prompt, create issues and end up on the back foot in projects where a basic feature set is expected?

Compare yourself to the competition, don't expect your customers to be the ones to raise issues, since that is a sign you're too late with the development.

0 Kudos
Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events