Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ivo_Hrbacek
Contributor
Contributor

users via API

Hi guys,
I would like to ask if there are some plans to include handling users via API in future releases (local account creation, certificate generation, etc.)? Now there is no such possibility via API and I think it could be very handy when migrating from different platforms

thx for info

32 Replies
genisis__
Leader Leader
Leader

Has anyone tried to add a user on a MDS?

I would like to do the following:

Add a admin user with authentication method RADIUS and then assign the correct Radius Server group object, assign DMS and Permission Profile, set a standard colour for the user, and fill out Additional Info.

I'm also not sure if this is now available in R81, but really would be great if we can assign admins to groups and then assign groups to DMS with permission profiles.  In this way we can just add a user to a group and then they have access to the relevant DMS.

0 Kudos
Tomer_Noy
Employee
Employee

In API version 1.6.1 (available from R80.40 take 78) and API version 1.7 (R81), we've added API support for users and user groups:
https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/latest/APIs/#cli/add-user~v1.6.1%20

This includes setting the authentication method to RADIUS, and setting a reference to the RADIUS server object.

With this, you should be able to work with the standard APIs and not use the generic-object.

Let us know if this is useful to you!

genisis__
Leader Leader
Leader

Nice,  another reason to upgrade my P1s.  We are planning (by this I mean waiting for the right window) to upgrade to R81.

We are currently on R80.30

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events