cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hybrid_Theory
Participant

mgmt_cli script to add interfaces

Hi,

I'm looking at deploying a few clusters with 15-20 vlans each. Running 80.30. I was wondering if I could do a batch job via a csv source file?

Is there a script that I could use to do this please?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The API does not support manipulating cluster objects until R80.40.
At a minimum, you would need to upgrade to that release.
At a high level, I suspect you'd have to add the interfaces to the cluster members via the API then add them to the cluster object itself.
0 Kudos
JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor

Why not include some new argument for adding new VLAN on cluster (or maybe also on the gateway), to configure VLAN directly to the member(s) ?

Not only to include it in Topology (like it is done today), but made it posible to do it directly on the members ?

If we have to specify all needed fields (interface, VLAN, IP), why not use this to automate it further ?

Something like to add new optional parameter "-push-to-gateway" which will configure VLAN also on the machine(s).

Just an idea 🙂

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka
0 Kudos
Hybrid_Theory
Participant

Thanks guys,

I've read this linke here: https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/latest/APIs/index.html#cli/add-simple-cluster~v1.6%20

(Pic attached).

I also saw this thread: https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/API-CLI-Discussion-and-Samples/Adding-simple-GW-with-several-net...

This is very helpful, but it requires all the fields to be in the script. I'm trying to list all the attributes in each column, then call a script with a loop or something to add them. Surely people have dome something similar? 🙂

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

With the gateway API, you should be able to configure the VLANs via API as well.
However the Gateway API doesn't come by default until R80.40 (must be installed).
It's also a separate API call,
I agree, it'd be nice if you could do it with a single API call.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events