cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel_
Advisor

Update multiple cluster interface at once

Hello API-experts,

we are going to change our interface topology of our clusters to "defined by routes".  I tried it first with

set simple-cluster name $CLUSTER interfaces.update.name $INTERFACE interfaces.update.ip-address $IPV4 interfaces.update.network-mask $IPV4MASK interfaces.update.interface-type $INTERFACE_TYPE interfaces.update.topology-settings.ip-address-behind-this-interface "network defined by routing" interfaces.update.topology "internal"

It's working fine but it takes a long time if we do this for every interface. How can I execute it in one step? Objects-batch seems to be the wrong way.

Using numbers (e.g. interfaces.1.update.name) are not supported. I can use "set" to generate everything from scratch but it's a lot more work to get the physical interfaces from the cluster nodes and build everything together in one command....

How can I optimize performance to do it one step?

We are running R80.40 (on Management) with a normal ClusterXL (non VSX).

Thanks!

Bye
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Art_Zalenekas
Employee
Employee

interfaces is a list object, so just update with interfaces.1.name ... interfaces.2.name, etc.

Good luck!

Daniel_
Advisor

@Art_Zalenekas wrote:

interfaces is a list object, so just update with interfaces.1.name ... interfaces.2.name, etc.

If I use interfaces.1.name it doesn't update my settings. It's hard set. So I have to read current settings of all interfaces (inclusive physical IP-address from nodes which I have to get from another query and interfaces I didn't modify) and set everything again from scratch. Sure, it's possible but not very smart....

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Unfortunately, if you modify interfaces with the API/CLI, you have to modify all of them or the changes won’t necessarily take.
This is a known limitation at the moment.

0 Kudos
Daniel_
Advisor

Thanks @PhoneBoy !

To be sure...
interfaces.1.update.name is not supported?
So I have to execute X times mgmt_cli if I have to change X interfaces?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Believe that is correct, yes.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events