cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Supporto_Checkp
Collaborator
Jump to solution

Tryng to set a lot of domain on MTA'S GW settings - using API or dbedit

I am trying to configure more than 150 domains on 8 GW for the MTA part; I'm looking for a way for a massive configuration:
I have tried with the API but there are no specific commands; you have to use the "generic-objects" but I have seen that from several problems (no sync between Smart Console and Dbedit)

At this point I have tried using dbedit but I cannot find the correct commands; I tried with:

addelement network_objects my_GW mta_domain_rules value

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks so much

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Supporto_Checkp
Collaborator

@_Val_  below an example to create an MTA rule using dbedit commands:

addelement network_objects My_GW mta_settings:domains_rulebase:domain_rules mta_domain_rule ---> will create an empty MTA's rule

modify network_objects My_GW mta_settings:domains_rulebase:domain_rules:0:domain my_domain  ---> wil add domain "my_domain" to MTA's rule number "0"

modify network_objects My_GW mta_settings:domains_rulebase:domain_rules:0:next_hop network_objects:my_next_hop ---> will add next_hop "my_next_hop" to MTA's rule number "0"

Hope it will be helpful 🙂

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Not the first request we’ve had for this.
Paging @Omer_Kleinstern 

0 Kudos
Supporto_Checkp
Collaborator

Hi @PhoneBoy  i resolved my issue using dbedit's command - it was not easy to discover the commands but I did! 🙂

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

@Supporto_Checkp It would help community if you explain what command you are referring to.

0 Kudos
Supporto_Checkp
Collaborator

@_Val_  below an example to create an MTA rule using dbedit commands:

addelement network_objects My_GW mta_settings:domains_rulebase:domain_rules mta_domain_rule ---> will create an empty MTA's rule

modify network_objects My_GW mta_settings:domains_rulebase:domain_rules:0:domain my_domain  ---> wil add domain "my_domain" to MTA's rule number "0"

modify network_objects My_GW mta_settings:domains_rulebase:domain_rules:0:next_hop network_objects:my_next_hop ---> will add next_hop "my_next_hop" to MTA's rule number "0"

Hope it will be helpful 🙂

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

dbedit was never known for being easy to work with.
Good work 🙂

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events