cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marco_Valenti
Advisor
Jump to solution

Migrate r77.30 policy to R80.10 trought management api

That's look a tricky question indeed , let assume I don' t want to bring dirty stuff from an old management station but I want only to export and then import objects and services , with cpmiquerybin getting those info is pretty (not)straightforward and then importing to r80 with a simple csv is a task already accomplished.

What about policies then? searching trough the web someone brought to my attention Checkpoint: Object Filler and Object Dumper (ofiller) - tech :: stuff  , now seems that is clearly not supported at all and having a csv of the rulebase does not seem any helpful at all due to the syntax of r80 management api.

So if anyone have encountered the same issue and got some hints or suggestion for that it's very welcome.

Thanks for your attention

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

Simply export your R77.30 policies, firewall & nat rules, objects and services via Confwiz (Release Notes, Admin Guide, Linux version) into XML files. Convert it into CSV and import it back into a fresh and clean R80.10 management via sk113078.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

Simply export your R77.30 policies, firewall & nat rules, objects and services via Confwiz (Release Notes, Admin Guide, Linux version) into XML files. Convert it into CSV and import it back into a fresh and clean R80.10 management via sk113078.

Catalin_Ciubot1
Participant

Does somebody was successful using confwiz? I'm getting this "[Error]   : CPMI Exception, error message: Failed to get field value"

To export the policy from 77.30 to import it on 80.10 "migrate export" is it a valid option?

Catalin_Ciubot1
Participant

Confwiz version 1.2, (2011) Release Notes:

Version Platform
R71.30 Security Management Server
R71.20 Security Management Server
R71.10 Security Management Server
R71 Security Management Server
R70.1 Security Management Server
R70 Security Management Server
NGX R65 SmartCenter server
NGX R65 HFA_40 SmartCenter

looks like not even 75 is supported

0 Kudos
Marco_Valenti
Advisor

Thanks for the reply , look like I was overreacting to that btw link to confiwiz download seems broken at least for me

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events