Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gerard_Fowley
Participant

Machine readable HTTP API (Mgmt) specifications ?

Hi,

Ruby developer here. I had a look at the GitHub repos andI do not see a API SDK for Ruby.

It is extremely tedious work extracting information from the (very comprehensive and nice) human readable docs to manually type the specification for an API client.

Is there a machine readable API specification I can use to create my own HTTP API client library ?

I am thinking about something like the OpenAPI standard format that I can use tools like Swagger to generate client code.

Or does the web API support HyperMedia for API discovery ?

In a pinch, any machine readable file format would beat trying to scrape the APIs documentation pages.

Thanks

-gf-

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

@Omer_Kleinstern any comment here?

0 Kudos
Omer_Kleinstern
Employee
Employee

Hi,

We don't have an SDK for Ruby.

The API documentation is generated from a JSON file but it is not in any standard format and can't be used in any of the mentioned tools.

Thanks,

Omer

0 Kudos
Gerard_Fowley
Participant

Hi Omer,

Thanks for replying.

I see that the API documentation web page is dynamically created from JSON files. They are broken into diffs between versions (probably to reduce bandwidth) leaving much re-assembly to be done to extract an API spec for the latest version.

Having an original version-specific file(s) to parse would greatly reduce the quantity of work required to create our own client.

Can the API spec JSON file be made available (with no expectations of support) for those of us who need to create their own client ?

Thanks

-gf-

0 Kudos