cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Francois_Beve
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus
Jump to solution

How to script the creation of a VIP IP / Topology ?

hello,

One of my customer is asking how to automate the creation of a VIP.

I looked in the API reference guide in the section 'network object' - 'simple gateway' : 'interfaces'

Check Point - Management API reference 

and can not find it.

Any idea ?

Regards,

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Robert_Decker
Advisor

Joshua is correct.

But, even with the undocumented APIs it is not possible to accomplish this task because there is an additional processing that is performed in the background, which is not accessible to API server at all.

We have to wait for full Cluster and VSX support.

Robert.

View solution in original post

Benjamin_Olson
Participant

Seeing as it has been several months since the last update, I was wondering if there has been any progress or a timeline for when updating a cluster object topology will be possible via API or scripting?  This is something my company is very interested in trying to automate.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Joshua_Hatter
Employee
Employee

The documented API's currently cannot touch a Cluster object. There are some undocumented API's that might make it possible I would have to defer to a developer Robert Decker.

Both Cluster and VSX support are on the road map to be available via API.

0 Kudos
Robert_Decker
Advisor

Joshua is correct.

But, even with the undocumented APIs it is not possible to accomplish this task because there is an additional processing that is performed in the background, which is not accessible to API server at all.

We have to wait for full Cluster and VSX support.

Robert.

phlrnnr
Advisor

Is there an anticipated timeframe for Cluster/VSX support for API access?  That would be hugely valuable as we are automating the addition of DMZ vlans across all of our network infrastructure, but the only manual part left is creating the Cluster XL VIP.

0 Kudos
Robert_Decker
Advisor

Hi Phillip,

There is no timeframe yet, as the development process is ongoing.

The Cluster/Gateway/VSX objects and UI are shifted from R77.X architecture into R80.X, and this takes time.

Robert.

Benjamin_Olson
Participant

Seeing as it has been several months since the last update, I was wondering if there has been any progress or a timeline for when updating a cluster object topology will be possible via API or scripting?  This is something my company is very interested in trying to automate.

Mark_Colatosti
Contributor

This problem only seems to be compounded by the warning that setting an interface via the api on an existing unit will wipe out any existing interfaces!   I've asked my account team and opened a ticket in hopes there is some work around.  Can't believe this long missing seemingly simple feature is risking being able to interconnect environments we spin up and down automatically.

0 Kudos
JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor

When we can FINALLY expect such a basic feature like manipulating Cluster objects within R80 ? R80.30 is GA, without any single API command for this purpose. What a shame.

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka
Samuel_Bradford
Explorer
Any update?
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events