Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rkalidh
Participant
Jump to solution

Export Policy using python

Hi all,

Good day!!.Am new to check point and am trying to automate few tasks in check point. As a part of it, would like to automate policy export of all check point firewalls and send in mail for monthly review.

https://github.com/CheckPointSW/ExportImportPolicyPackage : Export import package will help to export policies but when i run in python, am getting error as in attached screen shot.  Am sure that something is missed.

Please guide me if am not in right path. 

0 Kudos
36 Replies
Sanjay_S
Advisor

Thanks PhoneBoy today i made some progress on this. I exported the policy and also imported it. 

I just wanted to understand if NAT rules are not imported? Because i dont see any of the NAT rules has been imported 😞

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Manually created NAT rules should be part of the export/import.
Automatic NAT rules will be part of this, but only if the objects are used directly in the Access/Threat Prevention layers.

0 Kudos
Sanjay_S
Advisor

Unfortunately, I just see the Automatic NAT rules but none of the Manual NAT rules are exported.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

@Omer_Kleinstern any ideas?

0 Kudos
chkp-royl
Employee
Employee

Hi,

This issue is under investigation. I will update once we have more information.

Thanks,

Roy

0 Kudos
chkp-royl
Employee
Employee

Hi,

I tested it and it worked for me.

Can you please check that your export file contains tar.gz file of NAT layer? That file is used during import. If it doesn't exists then manual NAT rules are not imported.

Thanks,

Roy

0 Kudos
Sanjay_S
Advisor

Thanks Chkp,

I do not see any NAT tar.gz file 😞

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events