Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veeraselvam_man
Contributor
Jump to solution

How to get Target details of Policies and Layers?

Hi all,

In the Checkpoint management server, Under the Manage Policies option, we have the option to provide policy target of selected policies and layers. In this target field, we can provide any gateway or cluster names.

policies.png

Is there any way to get install target info with Policies name details using Management API? I tried below API methods:

• https://managementServerIP/web_api/show-access-layers
  • https://managementServerIP/web_api/show-access-layer

Both API responses are not contained Policy Target information.

Regards,

Veera

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

What that screen shows you are actually the policy packages, which contain one or more layers.
Layers themselves do not have such a target, thus you won’t see it by that API.
It’s show-package (and friends).

Also, when you’re installing a policy to a gateway, it’s the policy package you install, not the layer.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(1)
Bob_Zimmerman
Authority
Authority

Installation targets are a property of the policy package, not the access layer:

[Expert@LabSC]# mgmt_cli -r true --format json show packages details-level full | jq '.packages[]|{name:.name,targets:."installation-targets"}'
{
  "name": "Policy_the_Second",
  "targets": "all"
}
{
  "name": "Standard",
}

I haven't gotten around to exploring all the possible values for the field. My bet is it's a string with a few acceptable values or a list with names of acceptable targets.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(1)
4 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

What that screen shows you are actually the policy packages, which contain one or more layers.
Layers themselves do not have such a target, thus you won’t see it by that API.
It’s show-package (and friends).

Also, when you’re installing a policy to a gateway, it’s the policy package you install, not the layer.

0 Kudos
(1)
Bob_Zimmerman
Authority
Authority

Installation targets are a property of the policy package, not the access layer:

[Expert@LabSC]# mgmt_cli -r true --format json show packages details-level full | jq '.packages[]|{name:.name,targets:."installation-targets"}'
{
  "name": "Policy_the_Second",
}
{
  "name": "Standard",
}

I haven't gotten around to exploring all the possible values for the field. My bet is it's a string with a few acceptable values or a list with names of acceptable targets.

0 Kudos
(1)
Veeraselvam_man
Contributor

Thank you for your timely help @Bob_Zimmerman  🙏

Regards,

Veera

0 Kudos
Veeraselvam_man
Contributor

Thank you for your timely help @PhoneBoy

Regards,

Veera

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events