cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Javier_Sanchez
Participant

API syntax fore creating inline-layer

Hi all,

ive been the last days searching and trying to figure out a way to add inline layes and subrules to the policy.

I'm working on a small puython script to translate some cisco asa configs to new R80 deployments, and

i would like to import the rules via the api.

I found some example for assigning an inline layer to a rule via the apply action, but does anyone know if its possible to create them from scratch directly in the rulebase ?

Regards

Javier Sanchez

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Joshua_Hatter
Employee
Employee

You don't actually create an in-line layer per say, an in-line layer is just any layer you have applied as an action to a rule. So create a traditional access-layer, then assign it as your 'in-line' layer.

Hope that makes sense!

Robert_Decker
Advisor

Hi,

Try the SmartMove tool, it does exactly what you are struggling to accomplish...

It is Check Point's open source, based on API calls.

It generates bash scripts to migrate the database into CP.

0 Kudos
Javier_Sanchez
Participant

Hi,

thanks for the information, the tool looks promising but the migrations i need to accomplish include a number of releases that in mot cases are not even close to the supported 8.3. Nevertheless i tried the tool with some of the source configs and the result was quite good.

I have emplyed quite time developing some python scripts to generate the object named depending on the interface they are routed, and some other cosmetic small changes so for now i think i will stay there. In the specifica case im facing its only a migration from some of the interfaces, so i prefer not to create objects that are not used at the moment in the policy. I wonder why i did not find the tool 2 weeks ago, i could have used the output and make some easy filtering 😕

Regarding the policy, you are rigth Joshua, i created a new layer, added all the rules there and then manualy set the inline action redirection.

Regards

Javier Sanchez

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events