Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This Week in CheckMates: Week of 21st August 2017

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
0 0 798

Welcome to "This Week in Checkmates," your weekly highlight reel for all things CheckMates!

Past and future posts will be available here: About CheckMates

If you can't wait for the weekly update, follow our Twitter account where threads are highlighted regularly: @CPCheckMates!

Community Highlights

Here are some highlights from the week's activity on CheckMates:

Check Point 1400 Appliance - FAQ

This is a great resource telling you everything you ever wanted to know about the 1400 series of appliances. One of our partners Danny Jung‌ put this together and is continually updating it!

Compliance Blade how-to videos

Tomer Sole‌ produced some videos on how to best leverage the Compliances Blade in R80.10. 

How to block OpenVPN

It's pretty straightforward if you want to block all use of it, a little bit less so when there is legitimate use you also need to allow. Still, something Application Control has no issue with.

Infinity R80.10 "Cool Feature of the Day" - Prevent installing the wrong policy 

One way to achieve this is to Set Installation Target for Policies‌, which has been an option for quite some time. Another way, introduced as a "beta" feature in R80.10, is described in this article.

Unify Policy Migration from R77.30

Some legacy features were not brought forward to R80.x as they have been replaced with newer features. In this thread, legacy user groups need to be replaced with Access Roles (an Identity Awareness feature).

Did You Know...

You can respond to the emails you get from CheckMates to update a thread?

I know this is a repeat of last week's tip, but I wanted to repeat it to reiterate the warning that goes with this: make sure if you use this feature, your email response doesn't include any signature information or it will be posted along with your messages! I've edited a few messages to remove this information.

Unless you've disabled email notifications on your account, which you can do here, you should get an email for new responses on a given thread or content you have chosen to follow, which you can do from the Actions menu:

When you get the email, it will look something like this:

Simply respond to the email like you would any other:

Your email will appear in the relevant thread as a reply to the comment you are responding to:

A word of warning: Make sure to disable your email signature on these emails as they will be included in your post to CheckMates. You may not want that. 

Upcoming Events

Our upcoming events in September include:

• Cloud Security Best Practices with Amit Schnitzer on September 6th
  • Ask Me Anything with Dorit Dor and her team on September 18th

Feedback

We would be delighted to hear your feedback! Here are a few ways you can share it with us:

Tags (1)