Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce Yourself!

Kyle_Reynolds
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus
10 66 29K

Welcome to the CheckMates Community! The purpose of this thread is to introduce yourself to the community. I'll start it off - I'm Kyle. I joined Check Point in August '15 and currently reside in San Carlos, CA. I'm the Community Manager here, so should you need any help or just want to share a suggestion, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Tags (3)
66 Comments
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

My name is Tomer. I've been working at the Security Management group at Check Point R&D for the past five years. Our group strives to make the security administrator's work intuitive, usable and fun by using the Check Point products for their security configuration. R80 also adds new challenges for us in maintaining a solid Security Management Server that can support the new use cases. I live in Tel Aviv, Israel. Prior to Check Point, I was a Software Developer at various technology companies since 2005. I will track the content in the Policy Management forum.

Joe_Dillig
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hello,

My name is Joe Dillig and I have been working in Check Point for a total of 6 years. I spent the first 3 years working inside the Diamond Support team in Dallas, and the other 3 years working as a Security Engineer for telcos and MSSPs. Our team works a lot with customers and internal Check Point R&D with R80 for automation and orchestration inside the public and private cloud technologies.

Jim_Fessler
Contributor

I have been installing Check Point Software products since 1995. The original installs were on IBM AIX and the RS6000. Most of these installations converted to SPLAT soon after it was introduced. I have installed Check Point on AIX, SPLAT, Nokia, Windows (only once thankfully) and Gaia. These installs were accomplished under my own company, Security 4IT, LLC, until 2006 at which time I switched to performing contract assignments. I look forward to learning R80 and continue to install and upgrade Check Point products.

On linkedin? Mention R80 if you would like to connect.

Not applicable

Hello, my name is Gregorio J., I have been working in Check Point for a total of 7 years.  I look forward to learning R80 and continue to install and upgrade Check Point products.

M_Ruszkowski
Collaborator

Hello, my name is Michael and I have been installing and supporting Check Point software 15+ years.  I have installed and supported every version since v4.1, and many different OS’s from Solaris, IPSO, SPLAT, and GAiA.  I have been working in the financial sector this entire time as a Security and Network Engineer. 

Not applicable

Hi My name is Terrence JC Bacchus and I am new to Checkpoint specific MEPP. I just took over the roll and hopefully on my way to becoming a SME. I hope to learn a lot from each of you especially those with several years of experience.

Regards.

T.J.

Ivo_Hrbacek
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, my name is Ivo and I work with Check Point products around 6 years. Started with R55 and currently working for AVG as Senior System Engineer responsible for design and deployment of DC and Branch solutions. I did lot of cooperation with Check Point Czech Rep. regarding previous versions, new features, bugs and so on. I am looking forward for R80 API to be able automate some recurring tasks (fw deployments, policy installations, etc.) Smiley Happy

Balamurugan_Man
Explorer

Hello brothers,

My name is Bala. I started my career with Network in 2008 and came into security domain since 2009. I started working with Checkpoint products since 2012. I worked with many security devices, out of that i loved and loving to work in Checkpoint.devices.

Happy to be here!!!!

Kyle_Reynolds
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Welcome Balamurugan Manavalan​!

Christopher_War
Employee
Employee

Hello,

My name is Chris Warlick, I've been with Check Point for about 6 years.  I am the SE Manager for the Southeast.

Wes_Belt
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

I joined Check Point in June of 2014 supporting the Florida Area as their Engineering Manager.  I am really happy to see a community wrapped around R80 where customers, employees and technology enthusiasts can come to share information!

Alex_Sazonov
Employee
Employee

Hello everyone,

I'm Early Availability Engineer (Network security) at Check Point based in Minsk, Belarus.

I'm installing EA version of Check Point products WW since April 2012.

Keith_Lewis
Explorer

Hello!

I'm Keith Lewis and have been using Check Point products for the past 5+ years in the great state of Alaska.

Jose_Figueredo
Explorer

Hello everyone, my name is Jose Figueredo, I am from Venezuela, I have seen that Security has become an important part of our lives, of our customers, so I would like to learn about Checkpoint products because I see many job opportunities with them.

Not applicable

Hi Comrades

My name is Yannic Schneider, my Vision is to combine security and simplicity, I work as SE in the country of chocolate (also called Switzerland Smiley Happy )

Peter_Griekspoo
Employee
Employee

My name is Peter Griekspoor, since 2009 in Check Point Israel, and responsible for training content development R80 Management and R80.10 Gateway (New core Development)

Exiting to be part of this new develoipment and great to find so many good references in this forum.

-Peter

Dhatchina_Murth
Participant

My name is Dhatchina Murthy ,  I've been with Texonic Instruments  for about 10+ years.  I am the SE Engineer here.

William_Bylaska
Explorer

My name is William Bylaska and I've been working with Check Point for just about 15 years. Worked on both the VAR and customer side of the equation throughout my career. Deployed versions from 4.1 up to R77.30 so far and looking forward to a bunch of the new functionality in R80.

Yonathan_Kazans
Explorer

Hello,

My name is Yonathan. My major specialization in last 10 years is Check Point, Including 4 years in Check Point itself, mostly QA Products Integration group. Now I work on position of Firewall consultant. 

Nicolas_Boisse
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi I'm Nic. Two and a half year at Checkpoint. I'm a Canadian SE 🙂 I'm working with Check Point products since 1998. Did a lot of home-made script and dbedit stuff... Thanks R&D for the New R80 API, we will save a lot of time and efforts 🙂

Nir_Naaman
Collaborator

Hi all,

I'm Nir Naaman, Senior Security Architect in the Security Solutions area. I joined Check Point three years ago. I'm to blame for the Software-Defined Protection Enterprise Security Blueprint, launched at RSA 2014. Since then I've been working on the triangle of vision, product, and customers, trying to bring these three vertices closer together.

EunOk__Kriss__L
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hello, my name is Kriss Lee. I joined Check Point last year in September as Channel Manager and I must say it was a very dynamic 11 months so far. I am excited to learn more about the industry and our products' competitiveness going forward since Korea is a very unique and dynamic market in itself! Smiley Happy

eyal_shtern
Employee
Employee

Hi All

i'm Eyal Shtern

Strategic Sales group manager Europe

Joined Checkpoint more than 16 Years Ago ,

count me in

eyal

Bryan_Ofoegbu
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hello All,

My name is Bryan Ofoegbu, i am a major account manager for CheckPoint in West Africa. I'm always excited to learn about our emerging products, i actually have an SE background before joining sales in my previous work place. I am here to learn more on R80.

John_Norko
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hello to all my new and old Check Point friends.  My name is John Norko and April 2017 will be 10 years that I have been working at Check Point.  I started my Check Point career as a Channel Manager and have had other sales management roles in the eastern US.  Currently I am the Regional Director for Channel Sales in North America and I live in Boston MA. 

BIJO_DEV
Explorer

Hello All, Glad to be the member and a part of Checkpoint Community.

This is my first time , I was trained in Checkpoint a year ago, and recently got a project to work on.

It's pretty much a new thing for me but I really want to learn it and want to grow and build a strong network for the client.

Thanks for the support and help

Keep smiling Smiley Happy

BIJO_DEV
Explorer

Hi Nic,

I would love to learn Checkpoint to the depth.

I have learned powershell, can it help me in checkpoint Firewall.

Also please let me know the ways to become better each day on checkpoint.

Thankyou.

Ewane_Don_Metug
Explorer

Hello All,

I'm Ewane Junior, I have been installing, configuring and supporting Checkpoint Software/Appliances for 2 years.

I am a Security Engineer and I live in Cameroon. I have worked with many security devices and platform, but out of that Checkpoint being the best not because am a Checkpoint guy but because Checkpoint has the present and future solutions for cyber security.

I am very happy to be here to learn more on R80 and vSEC.Smiley Happy

Fernando_Deus
Explorer

Hello All,

My name is Fernando De deus, I have been installing, configuring and supporting Checkpoint Software/Appliances for  the last 6 years.

I am and IT consultant and work for a CP Partner in Bermuda. I have worked various security devices and platforms; however. Checkpoint has always been the most dependable and the only that does what it suppose to do - Keeps the bad Guys out!!!

Darren_Crawley
Explorer

Hello, my name is Darren Crawley and I'm the network manager with Arvest Bank.  I manage a team of 5 network engineers who maintain the lan/wan along with our Checkpoint firewalls.  We have been a Checkpoint customer for over 15 years.

Shaun_T
Explorer

Hello All,

I'm not sure what to write as compared to most of you, I'm relatively new to this world. My name is Shaun and I'm a security Analyst from Australia. While I have worked with my organisations checkpoint environment for about 4-5 years, its only been the last 18 months where I have activity been responsible for supporting it.

I underwent R80 CCSA Training late last year and will hopefully sit the exam within the next month.

Thanks

David_Robinson
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, My name is Dave and I've been working with Check Point for just over a year. I recently passed my CCSA & CCSE and I'm aiming towards completing my CCSM sometime in the near future.

Thanks

Karsten_Frantse
Explorer

Senior Security consultant with 20+ years of experience working with Network and Security, last 16+ years focused on security. been working with check point since 1998..

aner_sagi
Contributor

Aner Sagi.

Working as a checkpoint partner at safeway security solutions - israel attending enterprise customers.

CCSE + CISSP. 42 years old.

Keep us the good work !

Iyar_Aung
Explorer

Hello All,

My name is Iyar Aung and I've been working with Check Point for just over a year.I look forward to learning R80 and continue to install and upgrade Check Point products.I recently passed CCSA and I'm aiming towards completing CCSE on near future.

Amit_Sharon
Employee
Employee

Hi Iyar!

Congrats on passing CCSA!  We’re happy to have you a part of the community!

Hope you will get the info you need regarding R80. Feel free to ask questions. 

Amit 

Amit_Sharon
Employee
Employee

Hi Aner!

Thanks for your nice words.  Welcome to the community! it is great to have you here. 

Amit_Sharon
Employee
Employee

Hi Karsten!

Thanks for being so loyal to Check Point. This community is lucky to have you here. Happy posting!

Amit_Sharon
Employee
Employee

Hi David!

Congrats on passing your CCSA & CCSE! Welcome to the community!

Amit_Sharon
Employee
Employee

Hi Shaun,

Thanks for joining the community, we’re happy to have you! Happy posting!

Amit 

Amit_Sharon
Employee
Employee

Hi Darren!

Thanks for being such a loyal customer with us. We’re lucky to have you as a customer and now in the community too!

Amit 

Amit_Sharon
Employee
Employee

Hi Fernando!

Keep the bad guys out is right! Thanks for joining the community, happy posting!

Amit 

Amit_Sharon
Employee
Employee

Hi Ewane!

Thanks for being so loyal to our company. We’re happy to have you a part of the community!

Amit 

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Huh, I never actually responded to this thread at all.

I think most of you probably know who I am already anyway, so I probably don't need much of an introduction Smiley Happy

These days I'm in charge of CheckMates, getting back to the stuff I was doing on phoneboy.com back in the day.

For those of you who want to walk down memory lane, have a look at phoneboy.com through the eyes of the Internet Wayback Machine from 2002: PhoneBoy's FireWall-1 FAQ 

Nader_Assi__Old
Contributor

Hi,

My name is Nader. I've been in the IT since 2006 first in France and then came to the USA 6 years ago where I started deploying/supporting/troubleshooting Check Point products. I also conducted couple CCSA/CCSE R77.X training classes. And I've recently worked on Management migration from R77.30 to R80. I'm excited to learn more about R80.10!

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Look forward to helping you along your journey.

Mike_Haffely
Explorer

Hi!

I've used Check Point products starting with version 4.0.  I've maintained, patched, upgraded, and done troubleshooting of most of the versions since then.  I look forward to participating with everyone!

Lars_Juul_Grejs
Explorer

Hi Eyal,

Greetings from DK.

Lars Juul

Lars_Juul_Grejs
Explorer

HI My name is Lars Juul, I have been working with Check Point since January 2012. I am working in sales, but signed up here anyway to follow the experts. 

Looking forward to follow this community, and maybe there will be some sales/commercial topics as well, then feel free to give me notice as well.

Have a great day out there

Lars Juul

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Ye olden days