Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alex-
Advisor
Advisor
Jump to solution

Smart-1 Cloud MaaS certificate renewal

I've recently received an email stating that some (without going into the details of which one) of my gateways are not up-to-date and will be disconnected from Smart-1 Cloud this Saturday when a certificate will be updated.

I made a TAC case and after consultation with R&D it appears the MaaS certificate is going to be renewed.

The communication references sk166056 - Smart-1 Cloud Release Updates and the use of the autoupdater feature.

autoupdater commands works on Quantum appliances (R81 & R81.10) but not on Cloud Guard (Azure R81 T68) and Spark 1500 (R80.20.50).

I updated the SR with this information but I wonder if more information on this major update could be shared on CheckMates.

The mail does not specify which gateways are impacted, sk166312 - Smart-1 Cloud - What's New seems discontinued.

The Infinity Portal and the Quantum Smart-1 Cloud Administration Guide do not refer to the MaaS certificate.

status.checkpoint.com does not provide any information either.

All systems (Spark, Quantum, Cloud Guard) have direct access to Internet and can auto-update whatever tool is necessary. More concerning, some Spark appliances are scattered on different continents and the Cloud Guard environment manages critical services, that would be quite a disaster if these stopped working this weekend.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TomerLev
Employee
Employee

Hi Alex and all
Minority of the customers received this communication you mentioned, and they just need to update the relevant Update-package (Quantum) or certificate (Spark), according to the corresponding SKs  . CloudGuard System is not relevant to this communication. 

The Quatum and Spark Security Gateways indeed update automatically, and only systems that were detected not to have the Automatic update were communicated.  We are also checking the reason for any update gap.

For customers who have that gap - Email were sent early last week and repeated this week, and they also received a banner notification on the Infinity Portal UI once login to Smart-1 Cloud, referring to the SK.

(BTW, the Status page is not relevant here because it reflects the current status of the service to all tenants, which is up and running as usual, the Administrative guide is not relevant as well as this is a one time action.)

If further help is needed (specific Security Gateways for example) please approach me in the private channel and will be glad to refer you and help. 

Thank you

Tomer

View solution in original post

1 Reply
TomerLev
Employee
Employee

Hi Alex and all
Minority of the customers received this communication you mentioned, and they just need to update the relevant Update-package (Quantum) or certificate (Spark), according to the corresponding SKs  . CloudGuard System is not relevant to this communication. 

The Quatum and Spark Security Gateways indeed update automatically, and only systems that were detected not to have the Automatic update were communicated.  We are also checking the reason for any update gap.

For customers who have that gap - Email were sent early last week and repeated this week, and they also received a banner notification on the Infinity Portal UI once login to Smart-1 Cloud, referring to the SK.

(BTW, the Status page is not relevant here because it reflects the current status of the service to all tenants, which is up and running as usual, the Administrative guide is not relevant as well as this is a one time action.)

If further help is needed (specific Security Gateways for example) please approach me in the private channel and will be glad to refer you and help. 

Thank you

Tomer

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: CPX 2024 Recap

Tue 30 Apr 2024 @ 03:00 PM (CDT)

EMEA: CPX 2024 Recap

Thu 02 May 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: What's new in R82

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)