Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

ZScaler GRE to CP Cluster

See attachment for solution.

2 Replies
Raj_Khatri
Advisor

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for providing the solution in the attached cluster guide.  I have a few questions - 

If a cluster is setup in an active/standby HA configuration, there is a single external VIP.  This is used to provision the Zscaler GRE tunnel.   Zscaler provides a /29 subnet to be used for the GRE tunnel configuration for 2 tunnels.  This does not provide a configuration for 4 tunnels.

As mentioned in the guide, it mentions 2 separate tunnel configurations.  Please advise if 2 public IPs were utilized on the firewall cluster.  This is not clearly noted.

Also, can you share a screenshot of the SmartConsole Network Management window showing the interface configuration?

If the same GRE configuration is mirrored onto both firewalls, what issues would that present as only a single firewall will be active at any given time.

Thanks

Guerric_LM
Explorer

Hello Raj,

For one of my customer i configured GRE tunnels with 2 tunnels, even if in GRE tunnel configuration you specified local address of gateway, active member will replace it by cluster VIP in GRE tunnel establishment and to encapsulate traffic.

So you can use the same local address for differents tunnels, that's what i did and it works.

Also i disagree the configurations steps regarding network topology, here is what i configured :

As Zscaler do not provide enough IP address i used the IP provided for my node as cluster VIP in topology. As local address in tunnel i used another IP address.
I declared the VIP as scopelocal route as explained in Configuring Cluster Addresses on Different Subnets (checkpoint.com)

I attach GRE tunnel configuration, scopelocal routes and the topology configured

GRE conf.png

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events