cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gombodorj
Explorer
Jump to solution

Loopback interface on VSX virtual system

I have one virtual system on VSX and I want to use a loopback interface with IP on it.

Command: add interface lo loopback X.X.X.X/32
I have created loop00 loopback interface after turning the VSX off and I can ping to this interface from the main SG.

But after running "set virtual-system 2" and entering the Virtual system, I do not see the loop00 interface in ifconfig and unable to ping to it.

How can I make loopback interface appear on virtual system?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Wolfgang
Authority
Authority

@Gombodorj  what do you want to achieve with this loopback interface? They way you create this loopback interface is not supported. 
If you need a dummy interface you can create one on a VLAN trunk as a normal interface in the VSX object. Or you can do this with a physical interface but this interface has to be up. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Wolfgang
Authority
Authority

@Gombodorj  what do you want to achieve with this loopback interface? They way you create this loopback interface is not supported. 
If you need a dummy interface you can create one on a VLAN trunk as a normal interface in the VSX object. Or you can do this with a physical interface but this interface has to be up. 

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Second this question, what's the purpose?

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

As discussed in a subsequent thread this is not currently supported under VSX, please refer:

https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Security-Gateways/Loopback-interface-is-going-out-of-routing-tab... 

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events