Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Loukia_Jacovido
Explorer

vSEC is mandatory for AZURE VPN connection?

is vSEC a requirement for having a site-to-site vpn with AZURE?

Alternatively i can have an SMB 730 running site-to-site  policy based VPN without any problems right?

Thank you

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Daniel_Lavi
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

No, it is not - Azure will give you the ability to have VPN with your organization as well as basic firewall access list ( iptables ) but as you know, today threats are way beyond Azure capabilities and therefore you need virtual firewall that will protect up to layer 7. check Point in Azure has many capabilities to protect your data with all of our blades and of course VPN to your enterprise gateways. 

There are very good documents in our site, I encourage you to download and read. 

0 Kudos
Loukia_Jacovido
Explorer

Thank you Daniel,

The problem is for a SMB is difficult to insist on extra configuration . I will read and try to convince the customer.

Does anyone know if the 730 model is compatible for site-to-site  policy based VPN with AZURE?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I'm not aware of a specific limitation on the 700 series.

You would need to configure it similar to the following: How to setup Site-to-Site VPN between Microsoft Azure and an on premise Check Point Security Gateway 

I am going to move this thread to the https://community.checkpoint.com/community/infinity-general/smb-smp?sr=search&searchId=74a1b66f-286c...‌ so the relevant R&D team will see the question.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events