cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Felix2
Participant

Restore dismiss administrator on centrally managed SMB appliance

Hello everyone.

About SMB Appliance 1500 I accidentally click on Dismiss "We recommend that you enter an email address and phone number for the current admin in Device>System>Administrators | Dismiss" 

There is a possibility restore admin access to appliance?

Screenshot 2024-05-30 074240.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

If you've entered an email address and/or a phone number for your admin users, yes.
More precisely, it allows for a password reset if the password has been forgotten.

Felix2
Participant

Unfortunately, no, this is the problem.

If this possible south cprid_util disable this option? Or add email address and phone to admin user?

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

If you have access via cprid, why not just change the password to a known value?
Note that cprid executes commands in expert mode, so you'll need to wrap the command in /pfrm2.0/bin/clish -c 'myclish command'

0 Kudos
Felix2
Participant

I changed the password for one of the users. This, unfortunately, did not help. after clicking the dismiss button - all users without configured mail and phone are not connected. The question is, is it possible to cancel this command via cprid or configure mail and phone for the user?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

If you tried doing this with a password hash, it might not work.
I've run into this before.

If cprid is working, you can use the clish command "set administrator username adminname email myemail@example.com" to set the user's email address for recovery.
Or if you prefer SMS, try "set administrator username adminname phone-number 16505551212" (number in international format without + starting with country code)

Otherwise, you'll need to contact TAC: https://help.checkpoint.com 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events