cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ndgaham
Explorer

Link Aggregation

Hi,

We have a 1550 appliance and recently installed 2GB/2GB fiber. The ethernet cable is coming out of the ONT directly into the 1550 which is doing DHCP. I am wanting to bond together port 3 and 4 and send those out to our UniFi 2.5GB compatible switch so certain workstations can take advantage of the connection. I have the ports aggregated on the switch, but can't figure it out on the checkpoint appliance. Any one help?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
ndgaham
Explorer

Some more info that I failed to mention:

1. Checkpoint is getting static IP from ISP

2. There is a second switch that is gigabit only.  The 2.5GB switch is new due to the internet and 2.5GB cards have been installed in the computers. 

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Which firmware version are you using?

Device > Local Network > Select LANx interface > Edit
Remove interfaces from the LAN switch by setting to "Unassigned"  (repeat this for two ports/interfaces)

Device > Local Network > New > Bond (Link Aggregation)
Complete setup of your Bond interface

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
ndgaham
Explorer

R81.10

0 Kudos
ndgaham
Explorer

I'm confused on what to select for operation mode as well as the Assigned to portion

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

802.3AD = LACP and is the usual standard for bonding. Needs to be aligned with your switch settings.

Assigned to will depend if you are wanting to use VLANs on this bond (trunk) or just a straight IP address (access).

On the "Advanced" tab you may also wish to change the Hashing to Layer 3+4 depending on requirements. 

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
ndgaham
Explorer

Hey Chris,

Thanks! This was super helpful and I got this setup. I think my only bottleneck that I have now is coming from our ONT into the WAN port on the checkpoint. Is the WAN port gigabit? I only have one ethernet out coming from the ONT. 

0 Kudos
ndgaham
Explorer

Hey Chris,

Thanks! This was super helpful and I got this setup. I think my only bottleneck that I have now is coming from our ONT into the WAN port on the checkpoint. Is the WAN port gigabit? I only have one ethernet out coming from the ONT. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Correct 1Gbps.

Appliance throughput specs a side for the moment you might  work around that with an intermediate switch.

Otherwise an 1600/1800 might be better suited to requirements with the native link speeds involved.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
ndgaham
Explorer

Gotcha - so if I went out from the ONT, into a switch, link aggregated out from the switch into the WAN port and another port on the 1550, then back out with link agg to the switch, theoretically, could I get 2Gbps through the 1550?

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

2Gbps throughput for the 1550 is not realistic based on real world traffic and it's protection capabilities but the topology change would address the interface level element.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events