Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leader_Kiongi
Contributor
Jump to solution

Expert mode for Gaia Embedded for RADIUS users

Hello,

We’re now using RADIUS (Windows NPS) to authenticate administrators on our Check Point SMB devices using the commands below:

set radius-server priority 1 ipv4-address <Primary_RADIUS_Server_IP_Address> udp-port 1812 shared-secret <shared_key_1> timeout 3

set radius-server priority 2 ipv4-address <Secondary_RADIUS_Server_IP_Address>  udp-port 1812 shared-secret <shared_key_2> timeout 3

set administrators radius-auth enable use-radius-roles true

We’d like to login directly in Expert Mode when we login to the firewall. Do you have an idea how we can achieve this ?

FYI, I've tried what was discussed in this post: 

Solved: Activate bashUser via script on a Embedded Gaia de... - Check Point CheckMates

But this only works for local accounts, NOT for RADIUS users

Thanks !

Regards,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Leader_Kiongi
Contributor

Thank you for your feedback @PhoneBoy  I opened a TAC case in the meantime and here's the solution:

1. Perform a manual upgrade to the latest GA firmware for Centrally managed 1500 appliance - R80.20.50
2. Run in expert mode: sqlcmd "update adminRadius set enableDefaultShell ='true'"
3. In WebUI, go to Device->Advanced Settings->Filter for 'Administrators RADIUS authentication - Default Shell' and change the value to 'Bash'.:

I've tried it and it works.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(1)
5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The "bashUser" script tries to twiddle a database entry for the specified (or current) user to change the shell to bash.
That fails on RADIUS users since there's no db entry (/etc/passwd or otherwise).

Which means: if there is a supported method to allow this, it will be via a different method.
I suspect, however, this is an RFE.

0 Kudos
Bob_Zimmerman
Authority
Authority

Of course, you can always create an authentication database entry for a given user. Just don't give the user a password, and authentication will fall through to RADIUS. This gives you full control over their UID, GID, home directory, login shell, everything on a per-user basis.

0 Kudos
Leader_Kiongi
Contributor

Thank you @Bob_Zimmerman for your feedback   I opened a TAC case in the meantime and here's the solution:

1. Perform a manual upgrade to the latest GA firmware for Centrally managed 1500 appliance - R80.20.50
2. Run in expert mode: sqlcmd "update adminRadius set enableDefaultShell ='true'"
3. In WebUI, go to Device->Advanced Settings->Filter for 'Administrators RADIUS authentication - Default Shell' and change the value to 'Bash'.:

0 Kudos
Leader_Kiongi
Contributor

Thank you for your feedback @PhoneBoy  I opened a TAC case in the meantime and here's the solution:

0 Kudos
(1)
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Also looks like this is in R81.10.00 also.
Nice find! 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events