Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BLD
Contributor
Jump to solution

1550 Appliance unexpected reboots

Hi.

We have had the appliance for a few weeks.

In the past 5 days our notification logs show 3 "unexpected reboot" notices. We have had no power or other issues in our site. How can we get more information to find the cause of these reboots? We have found nothing in the logs. Do logs survive a reboot?

Firmaware version is R80.20 (992000668)

Thanks.

119 Replies
Amir_Ayalon
Employee
Employee

Hi Maarten

Thanks for your message. 

As i mention, we have identified a memory issue, and an HF with a fix, is expected very soon.

if you would like to use it before official release, you are welcome. if not, again, i'm sorry for your inconvenience. the image will be officially release soon.

if you decide to install the image below, and encounter any issue, please let me know.

amiray@checkpoint.com

ftp://rndftp:QJxkj1Vf@ftp.checkpoint.com/outgoing/Zachis/EA/Firmware/fw1_vx_dep_R80_992001229_20.img

thanks

Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion
file is not accessible.
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Amir_Ayalon
Employee
Employee

please try again

0 Kudos
Anubis
Explorer

Yesterday at 15:00 CST apply firmware, since then no reboots, it is to soon to take victory, but still in observation.

Best regarfs

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion
nope, no luck.
Directory outgoing not even visible...
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
HristoGrigorov

I was able to download it by just pasting the URL in a browser.

0 Kudos
BorisL
Contributor

I installed this image and started getting “violated unidirectional connection” errors on many outbound connections. Reverted back to R80.20.02 (936) which has been stable for us.

Frustrating waste of time.

0 Kudos
Anubis
Explorer

recap:

Stable since friday, no unexpected reboots, no other problems. 

Seems to me like you have other network issues.

0 Kudos
Kevin_Zeitler
Contributor

How is the 1500 working and what version do you have installed?

0 Kudos
Anubis
Explorer

After 8 days ... Unexpected reboot ... Then one ocurrs about 5-6 days. 

It's better than 2-3 at day... but think Dev Guys can do better.

Best regards

0 Kudos
BorisL
Contributor

The errors and the waste of time was not actually caused by this version (1229) but by the indication from TAC to turn off SecureXL to diagnose a problem with VPN connections we are dealing with in another thread. With SecureXL back on, the "unidirectional connection violation" problem disappeared. But we still have problems connecting using Capsule to the 1550. Some connections have a delay accessing itnernal resources and others do not get acccess to them at all. A couple of disconnect/connect cycles solve the problem.

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

For Capsule have you tried forcing HTTPS vs IPSEC? e.g. tuntype = snx

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
BorisL
Contributor

Hi Chris

Just saw the setting in the IOS capsule connection. Will change to SSL and test over the next few days and see if problem continues.

BR!

BlueGrass
Contributor

God **bleep**!

It reboots today again.

Is that possible to have a refund for this!!!!???

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion
I have about 3-4 reboots a week, video streaming, heavy traffic in either direction will cause it.
I have the build 1179 on it at the moment, have been providing 36 crashdumps so far, but not much has changed up to now.
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
BlueGrass
Contributor

How can this **bleep** keep happening and come to the market?

paulossa
Explorer

Do you have IMAPS inspection enabled or disabled?

0 Kudos
glx
Explorer

Hello Folks.

I have been working pretty close with R&D and with the TAC guys over this issue. already covered several firmwares and several configuration options. After all the tests performed, I have found that with WIFI turned off, the reboots wont happen any more. Can you please test that and post the results as answer to this post?

0 Kudos
Neville_Kuo
Advisor

All SMB in Taiwan are not wifi version, still encounter unexpected reboot.(R80.20.10)

0 Kudos
glx
Explorer

Hi Neville.

Do you have any kind of bridge configured in the firewall?

I have tested many different setups, and the only ones with reboots are the ones with a bridge configured.

0 Kudos
Anubis
Explorer

For me with R80.20.10 has less unexpected reboots, 2 weeks since last event.

CPAP-1590 wired

Cheers

0 Kudos
glx
Explorer

Hey Anubis.

Wired, with any bridge configured? can you please post a screenshot of your local network?

Are you Goauld Anubis? or Egyptian Anubis 🙂

0 Kudos
Anubis
Explorer

We have 3 interfaces for WAN in HA, 2 internal interfaces (LAN & DMZ) ... LAN interface have 3 VLANs (local users, guests & CCTV)

Why must I have bridges if I can use a switch?

0 Kudos
Neville_Kuo
Advisor

If you need to bridge your WAN and LAN interface then you'll need a bridge, because some blades are depends on WAN/LAN topology and blades updates also.

0 Kudos
Anubis
Explorer

I think that I hasn't have that case of use on any of my deployments, SMBs or GAIA, standalone or clusters.

0 Kudos
Neville_Kuo
Advisor

Hi,

Have you turned on all functions include IPS? R80.20.10 does solved many self reboot cases except 1, when IPS turned on, same issues happens.

0 Kudos
Anubis
Explorer

Yes, IPS is on. 

I knew IPS is relationed to unexpected reboots because of a memory handling exception, try using a USB 3.0 memory to save your logs and review it after reboot to be sure IPS still issuing unexpected reboots.

0 Kudos
Neville_Kuo
Advisor

Hi,

We are a distributor in Taiwan and this issue was happened on all kind of topologies.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

To bring this older thread back up, it looks like we released a new build of R80.20.10 (build 1491):
https://supportcenter.us.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&so...
This includes stability and memory management enhancements.
Anyone still having issues should let us know.

0 Kudos
Neville_Kuo
Advisor
Thank you sir, hope that helps.
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events