cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PKSpeleo
Explorer

Use VPN for specific sites, on Mac

Hello!
I am using Endpoint Security VPN on my Mac to get access to the internal network for my work.
But in the internal network, i can't reach external resources from the internet.
Is it possible to use Endpoint Security VPN only for specific resources and all others without VPN?
Thanks for your support.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Yes it is possible, but you cannot configure it on the client side. Instead, your IT team has to change VPN parameters

0 Kudos
PKSpeleo
Explorer

Thanks for the answer!
But maybe I can do it by route on my machine command or another way?

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

I do not think so

0 Kudos
PKSpeleo
Explorer

So sad =(
It is a special security feature? 

Maybe I can use OpenVPN client that can be configured?

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Yes, it is a security feature. If your company wants to force employees to go through centra VPN site, users should not be able to override that. 
You have to raise this with your IT admins, it is most probably something they can change.

Not sure I understand your question about OpenVPN. If you mean using it for corporate VPN access, once again, refer to your IT guys.

0 Kudos
PKSpeleo
Explorer

Thanks for your answers!
Can I use 3rd party clients like openVpn instead of Endpoint Security VPN? 

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

In general sense, yes, you can use different types of VPN clients on Mac. Once more, it depends on your needs, corporate policy and specific user case, which is still unclear here.

0 Kudos
Ricki_Juntak
Explorer

Hi Val,

I have some case on customer they using openvpn behind Checkpoint: server(using openVPN)-> Checkpoint Gateway->AWS, but the traffic rejected by Checkpoint.

can checkpoint allow traffic openvpn, except using the application control blade?

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events