Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Introducing Horizon Playblocks: the Security Collaboration Platform that Eliminates Security Siloes

Today, we're launching Check Point Horizon Playblocks, a security automation and collaboration platform that automatically contains attacks and prevents them from spreading, all powered by collaboration between security people, processes and technologies. Horizon is Check Point’s prevention-first security operations security suite, which includes the Managed Detection/Prevention and Response (MDR/MPR) SOC service, the Extended Detection/Prevention and Response (XDR/XPR) SOC platform and now Playblocks, the security collaboration platform for security teams.

Horizon Playblocks´ key features are:

• Collaborative: Horizon Playblocks triggers action across every security enforcement point when there is an attack. With predefined prevention playbooks, attacks are immediately detected and prevented from spreading. Seamless integration with Check Point’s Quantum and Harmony (Endpoint, Mobile) fortifies this collaborative defense mechanism, ensuring that threats are contained across the entire security environment.
  • Consolidated: Serving as a unified security infrastructure, Horizon Playblocks provides a consolidated shield across both Check Point and third party products. This unity ensures that all operational and security tools are working in tandem, offering a robust defense against cyber threats.
  • Automatic: The platform can be deployed in under five minutes with playbooks, which provide automatic policy and rule updates that provide immediate value, without manual intervention. Its 25 advanced out-of-the-box playbooks cater to various security needs—from blocking IPs across enforcement points to quarantining internal threats. Playblocks can be triggered to automatically assign zero trust security policies to devices.

You can see a brief overview here:

Also, join us for a webinar on October 18th at 9am Pacific/6pm CET where we will go into more depth about Horizon Playblocks!

Register Here

4 Replies
JoSec
Collaborator

Will this replace the triggers you can create in SmartEvent? Also, as an fyi, I received a prompt today in the attached image today which indicates no further subscription for being alerted to expert login events. Will this solution, or does it currently integrate with any third party security services? Any roadmap info you can share? I will of course reach to my account team today.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

While I can't say for certain, I do know that if you're using Smart-1 Cloud, SmartEvent triggers aren't supported.
In which case, Playblocks are the only option.

0 Kudos
Tomer_Noy
Employee
Employee

We're not deprecating SmartEvent triggers yet, but Playblocks can do much of what they do and more. It's easier to integrate and configure, and the output notifications look nicer and more modern.

Playblocks already integrates with 3rd party services such as Teams, Slack, ServiceNow and more.

Regarding the prompt for notifications on expert logins, indeed this new capability relies on Playblocks, and yes we plan to provide this specific automation without a subscription license 🙂
There is a lot more content beyond that, which does require a subscription, but you can try it for free with a trial period.

0 Kudos
JoSec
Collaborator

I do not see the ability to create your own responses. For example, I may not want to block all IP addresses with High Confidence but trigger on specific IPS signatures or if you had a group with active exploits with High confidence IPS signatures that can be utilized as well. Just a thought. 

0 Kudos
Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events