Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dpupard
Explorer

Capsule Workspace Active Sync Not Showing Requesting Help

We are trying to allow the Capsule Workspace app to use the mobile device's native mail app or a third party mail app, and proxy that traffic through our Check Point gateway. 

We have been able successfully set up a "Mobile Mail" app. It connects to our on-prem Exchange servers to display Mail, Contacts, Calendars within the Capsule Workspace app. 

Similarly we have configured an "ActiveSync" application within the Mobile Access blade. We have granted some test users access to the ActiveSync application via Mobile Access Policy. We are using legacy policy. 

The option for "ActiveSync Setup" does not display for us on the Workspace mobile app. I have referenced this video: Provisioning Secure ActiveSync Proxy via Check Point Mobile - YouTube . My workspace app looks similar but lacks the ActiveSync Setup option. 

Testing user is an Active Directory LDAP user with an email address, which is required according to documentation. 

SK104577 suggests "Check that ActiveSync is enabled in Capsule properties." Perhaps I missed this. Where is this configured?

What else might be preventing ActiveSync Setup from displaying for me?

ActiveSyncApp.png

MobilePolicy.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Check under Mobile Access Blade Gateway configuration

0 Kudos
dpupard
Explorer

Thank you _Val_.  I am looking there and not seeing anything additional to enable or configure related to Active Sync. Is there a specific checkbox or other setting you are referring to?

I am looking in:
Smart Console -> Gateways and Servers -> Gateway -> Mobile Access -> reviewed settings in all subcategories 
AND
Smart Dashboard -> Mobile Access -> reviewed all settings here too (policy, applications, capsule workspace, etc.)

What am I missing? Thanks!

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

There are two places where one needs to mark it:

1. During the first time wizard config:

Screenshot 2021-12-06 at 17.00.14.png

2. If you already configured GW object with Mobile Access, look here:

Screenshot 2021-12-06 at 17.01.25.png

dpupard
Explorer

This didn't get Active Sync working for me yet. I am still working on it. I may open a case with TAC. 

For now I wanted to say thank you for your help. I appreciate it!

0 Kudos
Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events